The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2013, 03:10 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My new Scadden Renegade

Mine only have one hole as well. I need to spread mine apart as well. They were fine on the Renegade and the Assault, but the new Predator (which replaced the Renegade) is narrower and I need to figure out how to correct this. Probably have to cut them off at the handle end.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:54 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
Mine only have one hole as well. I need to spread mine apart as well. They were fine on the Renegade and the Assault, but the new Predator (which replaced the Renegade) is narrower and I need to figure out how to correct this. Probably have to cut them off at the handle end.
Joni: If I were you I would recommend drilling another hole further up toward the junction, rather than cut the handle end. That would give you a better spread at the handle and at the blade end give you a longer shaft to really dig in when needed, but then I prefer a longer oar over a shorter oar.

Old 06-17-2013, 06:26 PM

wcs_michfan is on a distinguished road

Ended up drilling another hole 2" up the shaft from the other hole. So 4 total inches additional between the two oars. Made all the difference....very nice.

Now if I can get some fins...I'll be all set

Anybody with a fin recommendation - pretty bumbed I couldn't get the flip fins from Dave.

Larry - thanks for the pictures and the help...much appreciated - tight lines. Leaving for Montana on Friday now
Old 06-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

The Omegas are a nice fin for sure. I was using the Adjustable Force Fins for years before. They are a fantastic fin and you can walk forward in them cause of the spoon shape. But, if you have larger feet, there becomes less fin.
I would recommend some sort of scuba style fin. They are long and impossible to walk forward, but they require very little leg movement.
Just my two cents.