The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 06:05 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: Leader/tippet importance

It is important to adjust to your situation. After fishing your "home" waters you learn what is needed. 5x pretty much works for me but I have 4, 6 and 7x on me. Other places I've even had to have 8x.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:04 PM

trout champ will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Leader/tippet importance

I am a self proclaimed gear nut and gadget junkie. I carry leaders in 9' 5x and 12'6x. I carry tippet from 2x down to 7x all fluoro all the time. It is stronger, clearer, and slicker. With a little Aqueal on my leaders and flies it floats just as good as nylon. I have bounced around from Orvis to Rio to Froggs Hair, but the new Trout Hunter tippet from Rene Harrop is pretty slick stuff. It feels different from other manufactures.

Randy