The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 10:31 AM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Sunglasses

My annual eye exams result are just getting worse every year because of all of this computer work. I had to change from clinch knot to Non slip knot since the later doesn't require me to squint when I am wearing my contact lens.
Probably I will opt for a Lasik in 2 or 3 years.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:50 AM
bait cutter

jagermeister is on a distinguished road

I have Costas, Maui Jim, Persol, Revo, and Kaenon. They all work great they are all polarized some glass some composite lens. The biggest factor for me is comfort. Which one I can wear all day without discomfort. My top of the list pair I put head and shoulders above the others is a pair of Maui Jim harpoons with glass lens I bought in 1998 The Kaenon's are a close second.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagermeister View Post
The biggest factor for me is comfort. Which one I can wear all day without discomfort. My top of the list pair I put head and shoulders above the others is a pair of Maui Jim harpoons with glass lens I bought in 1998 .
Very good point. When I bought my Maui's at about the same time frame as you the literature did mention the hand polished frames. I never thought about it much since the purchase but now you have me thinking maybe that's because they are so comfortable I just forget I have them on.
Old 05-24-2013, 01:10 AM

runningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of lightrunningfish is a glorious beacon of light

My Oakley were Okay when tried them at the store but now they are starting to press on the side of my head and gives me a little discomfort. Next time I'll look for the asian fitting frame to fit my ever growing head.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:43 PM

45srbest is on a distinguished road

I also use the Maui Jim's. Using the bronze colored lens (glass) and they seem to me to work in most any outdoor conditions (except very early or dusk). Very happy with them.
Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM

glassblower is on a distinguished road

Both Revo and Serengeti make Photochromic (changes with the intensity of the light) Polarized lens in several colors. I own both brands and love them. It is so nice to just put them on and as dusk comes on I can still see. I wear them on gray days and bright sun on the water. I also have a pair that stay in my shooting bag that I use for Grouse hunting. Both companies will make them in a no-line bifocal to your prescription as well. Read up on them on their sites... the technology in them is at the atomic level.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:59 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Costa does charge to repair your glasses. They replaces both lenses even if only one is broke. I know. Do yourself a favor if you own expensive sunglasses, get the thing that attaches on the ends of the ear piece so your glasses can hang from your neck. I use to put them on my hat and bent over, they fell off. Hit perfect and shattered the glass lense. The cost of the repair was way cheaper than buying new plus I had them change my lense color. Im satisfied with them.
Old 05-31-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
Costa does charge to repair your glasses. They replaces both lenses even if only one is broke. I know. Do yourself a favor if you own expensive sunglasses, get the thing that attaches on the ends of the ear piece so your glasses can hang from your neck. I use to put them on my hat and bent over, they fell off. Hit perfect and shattered the glass lense. The cost of the repair was way cheaper than buying new plus I had them change my lense color. Im satisfied with them.
I do have a bright orange sunglasses strap but I don't use it much since it presses against the back of ears.

Do you know how Costa is charging the cost of the repair? and will they still do it for old models?
Old 05-31-2013, 04:27 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I'm thinking it was $60. I used my credit card. Get on their webpage for the info on a repair.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:18 PM

shimloom will become famous soon enough

I use the Costa 580's and they are hard to beat. Use to sell all kinds of shades and Costa's are the best I have used yet. The repairs use to be around half of the price of the glasses.

Craig