The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jbennett

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2013, 11:08 AM

jbennett is on a distinguished road
Default Thoughts on wading boots.

About to buy some boots soon. Any thoughts on the Korker boots with interchangeable soles? Seems like a good idea in theory to have some flexibility. Most of my fishing will be at the Little Red River and White and Norfork in Arkansas since that's the closest cold water fishing to Memphis. Need to get a pair for my 10yo as well but there don't appear to be a lot of options for her. Just a couple of brands with permanent felt bottoms.
Old 08-05-2013, 11:30 AM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Thoughts on wading boots.

My friend Rick (Troutn) wears Korkers and I am seriously considering getting me some. The soles seem great and the company stands behind the product from what I have seen.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:05 PM

Redington rubber soled or Dan Bailey felt for my 10yo?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:15 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

Huge huge fan of korkers. The interchangeable soles thing is nice but not what makes the boot for me. What I love is the comfort, durability, and the fact they are super light! When your on the water for 4 5, 6 or more hours, a light boot will do wonders for your longevity.

Korkers are a definite winner in my book
Old 08-05-2013, 11:31 PM

nickel will become famous soon enoughnickel will become famous soon enough

Redington make some nice boots for a fair price. I have a pair of the skagit river boots that I wet wade in and they have been great. Their palix river boots are nicely priced along with their women's line of boots which would be good for a growing 10yr old.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 AM

trout champ will become famous soon enough

Simms StreamTread boots. You can get them on all of their boots. Just look at he lugs on the Simms boots and then on the Korkers. No comparison. Also check out the studs for both boots, again no comparison.

Randy
Old 08-06-2013, 04:42 AM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Thoughts on wading boots.

Have to agree with troutchamp 100%,SIMMS,have 2 pair myself.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:03 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Not knowing your daughters foot size, simms has a boot for women. I bought my daughter these.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:07 PM

Well amazon made the decision easier today. Put a pair of korkers metal head in my cart yesterday at 159 but didn't check out. While ordering something else I saw they adjusted the price to 114 today with free shipping so I went ahead and checked out. Probably saved 100 over bass pro by the time you count tax.
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-08-2013, 03:27 PM

barefoot_t is on a distinguished road

Any thoughts on the Patagonia metal bar boots? $200.00 is a lot of cash for me but I want good boots, no felt since some DFG's are starting to ban them because they believe they will spread things like whirling disease. (Never mind that the rest of the boot material may be doing the same thing) If you were considering them but were also considering other boots, which would they be or would you go with the Patagonias?