The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 07:23 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wading boots are stinkin the place up

Might try putting a couple of charcoal briquets in the boots and see if they absorb the odor???

Dave
caseywise and shotgunfly like this.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:06 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

thats not a bad idea dave...

ARFE
Old 08-21-2013, 06:39 AM

dhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nicedhaynes is just really nice

This might work.....

Years ago my son hiked the Appalachian Trail. We met him in Harpers Ferry and switched out his heavy pack for a lighter, summer pack. We stuck the big pack in the trunk and brought it home. When I opened the trunk the smell was horrible. It was almost visible! We deposited it the backyard in the sun but we could smell the thing all the way in the house. 1,000 Mlles of sweat and dirt created a terrible odor. Gregory, the manufacturer, suggested the following...Put the backpack in lukewarm water in a tub, add a little washing powder and scrub it well. Rinse well with a garden hose and return to tub (clean water) adding MIRAZYME to the water. Then hang to dry without rinsing. When I put the pack in the tub the first time, the water turned totally black and there was a thick residue of dirt left when I drained it!

Anyway, after soaking in mirazyme and drying almost all of the odor was eliminated. Mirazyme is a liquid designed to combat the ingrained bacteria that causes the odor... I would think this would work on stinky wading boots as well...... Good Luck.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:57 AM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

So few days later the stink has left my room and his now plaguing my car. The boots are only a year and a half old pair of Simms Freestone with felt bottom. When I cleaned them I made sure to clean the felt and dry it really good. I cleaned it with some mild dish soap and something else that my mom uses in the hospital to clean and sanitize clothing type things.

Its not like a crappy smell or a rotten smell it is just one that doesnt smell clean or fresh, it sort of made my room smell musty. and dirty.
Old 08-24-2013, 06:48 PM

yamagibs is on a distinguished road

Second vote for mirazyme. Had the same problem with a few pairs of boots.
Check out Peet boot dryers. I have the model with a fan in it and it will dry a totally soaked boot in 1to 2 hours and it has completely eliminated the odor.