The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Gear (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/)
-   -   Wading boots are stinkin the place up (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/328744-wading-boots-stinkin-place-up.html)

flyfisher117 08-20-2013 01:20 PM

Wading boots are stinkin the place up

Howdy all,

Just looking for help. Brought my wading boots back to school but they are stinkin up my room. After I used them last time I clean them and let them air dry outside but they are still giving off an odor... Any help?

caseywise 08-20-2013 01:38 PM

Re: Wading boots are stinkin the place up

leave em in the trunk:p

yonder 08-20-2013 02:10 PM

Put 'em back on your feet and go fishing!!! Problem solved!!!:D

flyfisher117 08-20-2013 02:36 PM

They are back in the car for now but I drive a Toyota 4-Runner and theyre gonna stink up my whole cab... haha

No fishing for a few weeks or so but I got my gear and Im ready to start steelheadin!

jaybo41 08-20-2013 02:47 PM

You could get new boots, put them in a plastic storage box or bag to keep the stench inside or try spraying them with isopropyl alcohol to kill the bacteria. Then get use baking soda to get rid of the smell. Place them in a bag or a storage box and add one of those Arm & Hammer refrigerator boxes. And by all means get them wet again!:p

mridenour 08-20-2013 02:50 PM

Dr. Scholl's makes some stuff that takes the stink out of my shoes. It is a powder in a funny shaped bottle so you can get it way up to the toes. Seems to work for me.

fredaevans 08-20-2013 02:53 PM

Stinking wading boots? Just what are you walking in?:teef:

mridenour 08-20-2013 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 583749)

Could be like me...always up s**t creek!

Hardyreels 08-20-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fredaevans (Post 583749)

I was kinda wondering the same thing as Fred when I read your post. I've been using many different wading boots over a good span of time and haven't had a stinky pair :confused:

jaybo41 08-20-2013 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 583793)
I was kinda wondering the same thing as Fred when I read your post. I've been using many different wading boots over a good span of time and haven't had a stinky pair :confused:

You know, come to think of it, none of my wading boots have never had an odor either. Even when walking through fields containing piles upon piles of bovine and equine dung, it rinses right off once my feet get wet. :confused: