The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2013, 01:20 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117
Default Wading boots are stinkin the place up

Howdy all,

Just looking for help. Brought my wading boots back to school but they are stinkin up my room. After I used them last time I clean them and let them air dry outside but they are still giving off an odor... Any help?
mridenour likes this.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:38 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Wading boots are stinkin the place up

leave em in the trunk
fredaevans, shotgunfly and yonder like this.

ARFE
Old 08-20-2013, 02:10 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Put 'em back on your feet and go fishing!!! Problem solved!!!
jaybo41 likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 08-20-2013, 02:36 PM

flyfisher117 will become famous soon enoughflyfisher117 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to flyfisher117

They are back in the car for now but I drive a Toyota 4-Runner and theyre gonna stink up my whole cab... haha

No fishing for a few weeks or so but I got my gear and Im ready to start steelheadin!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:47 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

You could get new boots, put them in a plastic storage box or bag to keep the stench inside or try spraying them with isopropyl alcohol to kill the bacteria. Then get use baking soda to get rid of the smell. Place them in a bag or a storage box and add one of those Arm & Hammer refrigerator boxes. And by all means get them wet again!
Old 08-20-2013, 02:50 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Dr. Scholl's makes some stuff that takes the stink out of my shoes. It is a powder in a funny shaped bottle so you can get it way up to the toes. Seems to work for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:53 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Wading boots are stinkin the place up

Stinking wading boots? Just what are you walking in?
jaybo41 and yonder like this.
Old 08-20-2013, 02:59 PM

mridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to beholdmridenour is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Could be like me...always up s**t creek!
Hardyreels, ted4887 and yonder like this.
Old 08-20-2013, 05:45 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
I was kinda wondering the same thing as Fred when I read your post. I've been using many different wading boots over a good span of time and haven't had a stinky pair

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 08-20-2013, 07:01 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I was kinda wondering the same thing as Fred when I read your post. I've been using many different wading boots over a good span of time and haven't had a stinky pair
You know, come to think of it, none of my wading boots have never had an odor either. Even when walking through fields containing piles upon piles of bovine and equine dung, it rinses right off once my feet get wet.