The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By plecain

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2013, 02:49 PM

plecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really niceplecain is just really nice
Default Simms Riprap Wading Shoe

I got a pair of these last week and tried them yesterday.

I love these. I use them for wet wading, not over stocking-foot waders.

They're light, stick like glue on the rocks and are designed so they don't let much sand or gravel inside. They're also comfortable on the walk to/from the fishing spot.

The biggest problem I had was overconfidence. They stuck so well that I started to get less careful about where and how I put my feet going from rock to rock. I'm 66, and was fishing alone, so a certain amount of trepidation is a good thing.
fredaevans likes this.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:30 PM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Simms Riprap Wading Shoe

I have a pair that I use when I travel. I wet wade as well, use them over thin Simms neoprene socks. I'd rather wear my Simms felt-soled boots, more support, but restrict them to my local watershed. The Riprap is a good value.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:31 PM

jtliving is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Simms Riprap Wading Shoe

I bought a pair of them too and I am very happy with them. I wet wade with them either without socks or with a pair of neoprene socks. They are very comfortable on the hike to the access too. I put in the Simms studs and I started going without the wading stick, I felt so confident in them.