The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 07:51 AM

keiths is on a distinguished road
Default Fishpond Elk River Youth vest

Anybody seen one? Nobody has it in stock to see and I can't find a review from someone who owns one. It's all advertising. I need an objective opinion.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:23 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishpond Elk River Youth vest

Just my .02 cents here ..... 'A Youth' doesn't need a vest as they tend to get crammed with 'stuff' that will just slow them down (tire out-sp?). Get the Laddie a bike rider 'fanny pack,' every thing he'll need for the day can be put in one of those things.

Weight on their shoulders is really physically draining, a bit of weight around there middle won't bother them a bit.

Again, just my 'Two Tuppance' as the Brit's would say.

Fred
Old 08-27-2013, 06:20 AM

Fred,
Thanks for your insight. Your assumption that it's for a "Laddie" is incorrect. It's for a 52 year old who would prefer NOT to spend hundreds of dollars for a vest. If you have any specific info on the vest, I'd be interested in reading it.
I'm looking for opinions of someone who has actually seen or used one.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:52 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keiths View Post
Fred,
Thanks for your insight. Your assumption that it's for a "Laddie" is incorrect. It's for a 52 year old who would prefer NOT to spend hundreds of dollars for a vest. If you have any specific info on the vest, I'd be interested in reading it.
I'm looking for opinions of someone who has actually seen or used one.
Ahhhh, but no change of mind. Watch the 'guys' on TV fishing shows and they carry enough 'junk' to supply an Army. Long trip, need boxes, etc., I can see .... but for a day trip? But '42' of the same pattern? (Pick a number.)

Best fishermen (can't speak to the Ladies) have one or two boxes of flies and that's it. But back to your fishing friend. Other than a place to "store stuff" a 'vest' is the last thing you/he need hanging off your shoulders.

The (even though slight) weight will just drag him down physically; Just trust me on that one. He wants one, take him to a big box fishing store and buy the cheapest thing you can find. The 'logo' on the thing adds next to zip when it comes to "utility."

Don't get me started on $800.00 waders .....

fae
Old 08-27-2013, 11:35 AM

Nevermind.