The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Other Gear (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/)
-   -   Anybody ever hear of the Rexfly Casting System? (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other-gear/330916-anybody-ever-hear-rexfly-casting-system.html)

busbus 09-10-2013 03:01 PM

Anybody ever hear of the Rexfly Casting System?

It looks both silly and enticing at the same time. I don't know how useful it really is but it might have a purpose.

Rexfly Castiing System

fredaevans 09-10-2013 10:17 PM

Re: Anybody ever hear of the Rexfly Casting System?

The basic idea has been around for 50'ish years. We used to call the 'belly reels' way back in the day.

sandfly 09-11-2013 06:51 AM

yeah ok and when tha big ol fish hits and you are trying to get the fish on the reel and fighting the clip to get the reel in and clearing line, that will work--not !

gimmick
anyone who can not cast with a reel weight all day had better go to the gym or give up fly fishing.

fly_guy12955 09-11-2013 09:55 AM

I wouldn't wanna look that stupid if it WAS better.

mridenour 09-11-2013 10:02 AM

um, yeah....no.:p

Sep 09-11-2013 11:09 AM

Ye gods. More unnecessary gear. And that's exactly what I need as I wade my rocky, trippy home waters. I piece of metal poking into my chest.

No thanks.

theboz 09-13-2013 01:12 AM

I saw a video for this a while back and the sound was not working on the video. I just assumed it was a Hank Patterson video and let it go at that!

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Snap it!!!!

enolaeagle 09-13-2013 09:04 AM

Probably something I wouldnt use... looks busy but im sure its useful to someone. I say, Kudos to the person who made this. We dont evolve in anything without entrepreneurs.

Sep 09-13-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enolaeagle (Post 591249)
I say, Kudos to the person who made this. We dont evolve in anything without entrepreneurs.

Indeed. Thanks for pointing this out. We (and by "we" I must include "I") are quick with the snarky remark, but forget that someone is working hard to make things better.

Good luck to the Rexfly folks, and keep on being creative.

Mike

cab 09-13-2013 10:01 PM

I see this as couter- productive. The reel counter balances the rod, doesn't it? This would wear out your wrist, I'll warrant.

CAB