The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:08 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: Considering a Wading Jacket

Pjosh06, I know that the Orvis Pro Guide has a cable that can be tightened around the waist. I'm sure the Simms jackets and others have a similar option, can anyone second that?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:32 PM

moxnichts will become famous soon enoughmoxnichts will become famous soon enough

The Cabela's Dry plus reef drifter has a bungee with spring clips around the bottom. Actually exposed in two locations pretty close to the front so it's easy to get to underway. Also in the hood.

This is the first "purpose made" fly fishing foul weather jacket I've had, and its fairly budget compared to some. Not that I haven't had other equally good rain protection in camo, blue, yellow, about every color, etc, for hunting and mountaineering, but just not designed with pockets and features particularly useful for fly fishing. I'm really liking it, even though I don't have any real like for like comparisons to offer.

Last edited by moxnichts; 09-17-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 04:22 PM

jdfly is on a distinguished road

Simms Guide!!! Straight up. The cuffs cover the seals so lines will not hang up. Great construction...still fishing mine third winter with out any issues. Retractors, great collar, big pockets and even a good back pocket for extra gloves or cap. I will go straight to purchase another of the same when I am done torchering this a jacket. I've fished three hard winters on the Erie tribe for steelies...can't say enough about it.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:17 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I just fished in a pouring rain saturday. My cheap frogg tog worked great but I was just looking at jackets as well. Im looking for something that is not insulated but gore-tex.