The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2013, 10:50 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Hand crafted wood flyboxes

beautiful craftmanship
bravo!!

casey
fredaevans, yonder and jbird like this.

ARFE
Old 09-20-2013, 06:17 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Great stuff! At some point, I'll send you a pm to make my wife one of those out of Purple Heart
jbird likes this.

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 09-20-2013, 08:48 AM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by enolaeagle View Post
Great stuff! At some point, I'll send you a pm to make my wife one of those out of Purple Heart
Sounds good Todd! I assume we're talking about a flybox rather than a cigar box for her?
siege likes this.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:39 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Sounds good Todd! I assume we're talking about a flybox rather than a cigar box for her?
I wouldn't be so quick there Jay; I've known two ladies who really loved a good Cigar. Actually very 'Lady Like' they were the size of a cigarette and came in 50's in a wooden box. Actually a darned good short smoke.
yonder and jbird like this.
Old 09-21-2013, 10:14 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Beautiful work.
jbird likes this.
Old 09-21-2013, 08:36 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Ive been tinkering with this thing and really liking the diversity Im getting with the veneers. Ive had a random bundle of high quality veneers waiting around for the right project In my excitement I ordered a few more individual pieces today. Gotta be careful, this stuff aint cheap! I also ordered some thin Spanish Cedar. Im thinking I may line at least the bottom of the boxes. It will be a good way to hide the router checks in the bottom of the boxes which are extremely tedious to sand out.
I may start making some of my pocket fly boxes with the veneers and match them with cigar boxes.

Heres a picture of the whole family

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.[/URL
Old 09-22-2013, 02:09 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Hand crafted wood flyboxes

HUGE 'Wow Factor' going on here Jay.

Fred
Old 09-22-2013, 02:43 AM

finisher will become famous soon enough

Very impressive work!
Old 09-22-2013, 07:43 AM

flyfishmich has a spectacular aura aboutflyfishmich has a spectacular aura about

beautiful. I will have to keep these in mind for the holidays.
Jay do you ever make it around to the fly fishing expos. Like the Midwest fly fishing expo in Michigan in March?
Old 09-22-2013, 08:50 AM

Thank you guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfishmich View Post
beautiful. I will have to keep these in mind for the holidays.
Jay do you ever make it around to the fly fishing expos. Like the Midwest fly fishing expo in Michigan in March?
This is most likely in my future if the momentum of this project continues.

I have been asked to share a table at the National Trout Unlimited Banquet next weekend in Madison.

This thing is all still quite young. Ive been a woodworker my whole life. Ive built flyboxes years ago for gifts and personal use and I didnt actually sell my first box until last March. Since then Ive sold nearly 100 boxes! My website has only been alive for a month.

You can read this short article that was printed in the Wisconsin Trout Unlimited for a brief bio. Its on p.17
http://www.wisconsintu.org/LinkClick...bid=58&mid=381