The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree51Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hand crafted wood flyboxes

WOW!!!absolutely beautiful!great caftmanship!
Old 09-22-2013, 12:01 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Hand crafted wood flyboxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
WOW!!!absolutely beautiful!great caftmanship!
You like the boxes ... a clue here ... just don't 'challenge' the man to a one on one fly fish. He will CREAM YOU!
Old 09-22-2013, 03:42 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
You like the boxes ... a clue here ... just don't 'challenge' the man to a one on one fly fish. He will CREAM YOU!
Sounds like the voice of experience speaking.
Old 09-22-2013, 03:45 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
Sounds like the voice of experience speaking.
Just trust me on this one .... Don't bet on who will hook the most fish.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:15 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

Hey Fred! Watch out now! Youre only 1 post away from 4000 posts!! Holy smokes! A member since Nov. 09 Thats something like 1000 posts a year!! Youre the man!

I remember fishing steelhead with Fred. He had a flask of scotch or whiskey or somethin. He has a tradition that when you land a fish, you take a toot off the flask. Lets just say I was staggering badly after a couple hours. in fact (dont tell Fred) but the last couple I lifted the flask and faked it. I just couldnt take another hit or I woulda gone down face first. LOL Good times... Good times!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:12 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Very impressive work
Old 09-22-2013, 10:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: Hand crafted wood flyboxes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbird View Post
Hey Fred! Watch out now! Youre only 1 post away from 4000 posts!! Holy smokes! A member since Nov. 09 Thats something like 1000 posts a year!! Youre the man!

I remember fishing steelhead with Fred. He had a flask of scotch or whiskey or somethin. He has a tradition that when you land a fish, you take a toot off the flask. Lets just say I was staggering badly after a couple hours. in fact (dont tell Fred) but the last couple I lifted the flask and faked it. I just couldnt take another hit or I woulda gone down face first. LOL Good times... Good times!
This is a true story. I'd fill the thing (a good single malt) and we Guys would be off to the river. Some times it came back full, some times empty. Either way, a good day.

fae
von behr likes this.
Old 09-25-2013, 09:33 PM

jbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to beholdjbird is a splendid one to behold

I found a cool use for my cigar boxes if you arent a smoker

Click the image to open in full size.
fredaevans and jaybo41 like this.