The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2013, 07:05 AM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about
Default Wader boots ?

I've got a skinny water FG boat w/ a 5hp on a trailer. I will probably have to wade knee to waist deep to launch and load until I figure out the bunks on the trailer. Research does indicate it is common to wade in to launch or load these boats. I will be fishing from the boat, no wading, just in the water when launching or loading. I've got a pair of Cabelas stocking foot waders to use so would you get some flats boots, regular wading boots or oversize tennis shoes. These are the 3 options I've read about. This is for winter time fishing so the water will be on the cool side here in E TN, and the ramps are concrete and probably will be somewhat slick from silt, mud, etc.
Old 09-28-2013, 10:28 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wader boots ?

I've got a pair of those neoprene flats booties. A name brand too, although I can't remember which right now.
They have zero support. Less than a pair of cheap sneakers. Basically they're socks with a sole.
I'd go with inexpensive canvas wading boots like these if you're trying to avoid the cost of higher end boots

Click the image to open in full size.

Last edited by Rip Tide; 09-28-2013 at 12:09 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 11:57 AM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold

I'd stay with the waders because they allow you to get out and fish some tighter spots if you ever want without having to worry about boat position.

I would go with some korker boots because they are very lightweight which makes it easier getting in and out of the boat.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:59 PM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

I'm lost. What is a skinny water FG boat? You shouldn't have to get wet to launch a boat off of a bunk.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:38 PM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Its a Gheenoe 13 foot. See customgheenoe.com for info. Most owners utilize a trailer but not required. I use a trailer. At this point in time I wade in to launch or load.
Old 09-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I wear a pair of these over my stocking foot waders to launch and take out. They don't hold a bunch of water like my wading boots and that's nice when you jump in the truck after being in the water. I hate to have my boots drain on the floor mat because I try to keep the truck nice.................

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-29-2013, 08:30 AM

rockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nicerockriver is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimp View Post
Its a Gheenoe 13 foot. See customgheenoe.com for info. Most owners utilize a trailer but not required. I use a trailer. At this point in time I wade in to launch or load.
Thank you.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
I wear a pair of these over my stocking foot waders to launch and take out. They don't hold a bunch of water like my wading boots and that's nice when you jump in the truck after being in the water. I hate to have my boots drain on the floor mat because I try to keep the truck nice.................

I'm on my kindle this week while on vacation. Pic does not show.