The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cabelas Waders

Every manufacturer has issues but given the hard hard hard core use I put my waders through with excellent success...maybe it was just a couple bad crops.

Were they their higher line waders?

---------- Post added at 07:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

I do not know about their neoprene, I haven't bought neoprene in ages. I know they have some great canvas style boot foots that look awesome, maybe they can get you into those?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:32 AM

pjosh6 is on a distinguished road

I wear a pair of their waders and they have been working out perfect for me. I have wore them for about a year with no issues.

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-01-2013, 11:28 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

My inexpensive Cabela's boot-foot waders have worked out for about 2 full years now and have spent lots of hours in rivers in several states for long days and withstood my best efforts to demolish them. I'm not the most graceful gazelle in the herd. Can't complain. I'll be looking at some nicer ones next year but these will be good back-ups/loaners. I love them, not like I love steak or fresh halibut but I do love them.
cochise likes this.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:48 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have 6 different pairs of Cabelas waders.
That is if you count the fly-weight stocking foot hippers that I haven't seen in a few years
They get rotated using the most appropriate.
I have no intention of ever buying anything else at this point
cochise likes this.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 PM

glacierjohn will become famous soon enoughglacierjohn will become famous soon enough

I opened up the "other gear" section of the forum looking to get some advice on a nice replacement for my nine year old Cabela's dryplus waders that just started leaking this year. I contemplated calling Cabela's but I believe I've definitely gotten fair use out of a pair of $230.00 waders. Now I'm wondering if maybe I should send them in.

I was thinking about splurging on a pair of Simms, but even though they are made in my home State, they are awful expensive. Can someone recommend a mid priced Simms wader? I saw Simms from around $400 - $800.00, yikes! Also how good is their warranty?

Thanks,

John
Old 10-02-2013, 07:29 PM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Like the guy said to me...blah blah, send em in. Mine are on there way and I almost feel guilty.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:09 PM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute

I have three pairs of Cabelas waders and for the price they take a beating! The only leaks I ever get are always in the seam of the boot foot which is easily fixed. When my high end waders leak and I send them back I always have the Cabelas backup! Personally I wish I could wear shorts all year long!
mridenour likes this.
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser
Old 10-03-2013, 09:33 PM

finisher will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by glacierjohn View Post
I was thinking about splurging on a pair of Simms, but even though they are made in my home State, they are awful expensive. Can someone recommend a mid priced Simms wader? I saw Simms from around $400 - $800.00, yikes! Also how good is their warranty?

Thanks,

John
They are expensive, but you get what you pay for. I considered my Simms G3s a splurge, but after getting them, I realized they were a worthy investment in my enjoyment of trout hunting. Simms has a top notch warranty, USA made product and a fit like no other. Can't really go wrong and they should last for years.

My G3s fit like a tailored suit compared to my Cabela's Dry-Plus that fit like a potato sack with glued on clown shoes.