The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rip Tide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2013, 11:13 AM

pjosh6 is on a distinguished road
Default Waders for kiddos

My daughter who is turning 4 in a few weeks wants some waders to go fly fishing with me.. She regularly goes fishing for bluegill at a kids pond here. Any ideas for some waders? Was looking at the oaki waders online..

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
Old 10-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waders for kiddos

When I was 4, my father would just strap a life vest on me and let me go.
Waders wouldn't have mattered much as I was just going to end up face down in the water anyway.

I don't remember when I first got my son waders, but they were the 3Forks brand from Cabelas.
It's a good thing that they didn't cost much cuz it didn't take long for him to out-grow them.

Me.... age 4

Click the image to open in full size.
skrap likes this.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:58 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Rip...was that pic taken with a brownie?

THE BROWNIE CAMERA PAGE - All About Eastman Kodak Brownie Cameras

I got my girls and my (tiny) wife waders at Cabelas too...looks like their prices are up from back then, but they never let us down.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:19 PM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

My grandchildren have three years so far on Cabela's Youth Waders.

Two years for the grandson, one for the granddaughter.

Still look like new.

As I recall, they were around $40.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:36 PM

skrap is on a distinguished road

Not meaning to hi-jack this thread but it is related and ma be beneficial to some.

My son is 10 years old and a bigger kid. He is approx 95 lbs and about 5' tall. His shoe size today (not sure next week or week after that) is 6-6.5. I see that the Cabelas Youth waders go to a 6 and assume that is the shoe size.

What do you experienced guys recommend for kids that are tweeners? Smallest men's I can find? Small womans size? Thanks.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:00 PM

craigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to beholdcraigthor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjosh6 View Post
My daughter who is turning 4 in a few weeks wants some waders to go fly fishing with me.. She regularly goes fishing for bluegill at a kids pond here. Any ideas for some waders? Was looking at the oaki waders online..

Check out Oakiwear, have a set for my 4 year old actually bought them last year and they are great.

http://www.oakiwear.com/shop/
Old 10-05-2013, 11:34 PM

pjosh6 is on a distinguished road

Yeah i looked at the oakiwear waders and cabelas... She likes the blue oakiwear but they don't have them in her size....