The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockriver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2013, 01:30 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all
Default G3 response from Simms

I emailed Simms on October 1 requesting information on the G3. I tried to post a copy from my email, but can't figure it out. Anyway, here is their response from Rich Hohne, Simms.

Hi ****:

Thank you for reaching out to Simms Fishing Products. You are correct that we have a new G3 Guide Stockingfoot for 2014. You can expect it at your favorite retailer in December of this year.

In short, the wader has been completely redesigned. The lower section of the wader features our new 5-layer GORE-TEX fabric technology that is 25% more breathable than previous versions. We have also completely reworked the upper with a new pass through pocket with storm flaps (to keep out water and to seal off the pocket from potentially catching an oar handle), new Tippet Tender (tm), and suspenders.

I think you are going to like the new changes to the G3 Guide Stockingfoot. Have a great day!

Rich

Sounds great to me and an improvement on breathability for those fishing warmer areas.
Tell Sackett likes this.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:42 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G3 response from Simms

I don't have a clue on this one but how would breathability affect a user in colder climates and waters?

Dave
Old 10-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Dave,

I believe that the breathability thing is all about eliminating moisture that may occur when wearing multiple layers and doing some hiking along a river. The company seems to be a wee slow on the reply thing but they at least responded.

Any change in the suspenders that would make them a little easier to buckle and unbuckle would be welcomed here. I have a hard time with them when I've spent a cold day out there. That and the belt.............. I use the belt from my old LL Bean Wicked Tough Waders because it is much higher quality than that supplied with the old G-3 wader. Right now I'm using 3 mm Hodgman's Neoprene because of a leak in the left heel of the G 3........................ I'll send them in once the ice moves over the water, right now they are back up.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-06-2013, 03:32 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

The response was dated: Sunday, October 06,2013 12:23PM. I was beginning to wonder what happened with my email.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:47 AM

Tell Sackett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockriver View Post
The response was dated: Sunday, October 06,2013 12:23PM. I was beginning to wonder what happened with my email.
Thanks Rock. Clearly when I called them I talked to somebody who had no idea what they were talking about. I appreciate the update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free