The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 05:10 AM
Business Member

tridentfly is on a distinguished road
Default Simms Guide Boots - On Sale while supplies last!

Simms most durable leather boot, featuring outstanding traction, protection and stability in the StreamTread sole.

A new classic.

Now only $139.99. Reg. $199.99

Simms Guide Boot - Fly Fishing Boots
Old 10-21-2013, 05:18 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice
Default Re: Simms Guide Boots - On Sale while supplies last!

My simms boots are still in good shape or I'd be all over this..
Old 10-21-2013, 12:44 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcw355 View Post
My simms boots are still in good shape or I'd be all over this..
Well my old Simms boots are shot and a close to dead, so this is a very good offer.

Except I am very skeptical of traction. I've been wearing felt since, well, forever. And I wade some waters with bowling ball river beds. I'm not sure if cleats and studs would be enough...
Old 10-21-2013, 12:46 PM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
Well my old Simms boots are shot and a close to dead, so this is a very good offer.

Except I am very skeptical of traction. I've been wearing felt since, well, forever. And I wade some waters with bowling ball river beds. I'm not sure if cleats and studs would be enough...
You got some slippery rocks up there in Montana! Like the rocks are coated with snot! I love 'em anyway.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:27 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I personally think studded felt is best for traction but I fish in Missouri and felt isnt allowed. When I bought my boots I bought them because I felt a lot of states would join the ban wagon. Still a good deal.
Old 10-27-2013, 01:11 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting this. It's a very good price. My new pair is on the way. The old boots are getting a bit ragged.

-VB
Old 10-27-2013, 05:26 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post

I wade a couple of streams here in PA which are loaded with rocks just as you describe and shale lined streams that are very slick in spots. I made the switch to rubber and spikes several years ago and have not looked back. If you do get them, make sure you get the star bite cleats from Simms. They're pricy but very much worth it.

I'm not advocating that one is better than the other. Honestly, I think a lot of it is a mental thing. Frankly, I've bit it in both felt and rubber but rubber seems to hold up longer, doesn't add water weight to the boot and also doesn't make me feel like I'm wearing Munster boots when I'm fishing in the snow and hiking in them.

All this said, that's a great price for those boots.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:49 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Size 9. Not doing me much good.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:25 PM

9 doesnt do a lot if us any good. I need 11. I never checked size being I wasnt going to buy.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:58 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

People must have jumped on this when it was posted. A week ago there were lots of sizes available. I had no problem finding a size 12.