The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By billyspey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2013, 10:12 AM

miamimikepa will become famous soon enoughmiamimikepa will become famous soon enough
Default Tiemco Dry Magic Floatant Caddy?

Just curious how you guys who use Tiemco's Dry Magic store it while on the water? I love the Loon upside-down caddies, but prefer this floatant to any of the ones Loon produces. Has anybody found a caddy that works with Dry Magic or rigged up anything cool? Or am I just over complicating this? If so I'll just shut up and throw it in a pocket! Lol

Thanks
Mike
Old 11-21-2013, 11:13 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tiemco Dry Magic Floatant Caddy?

I use Dry Magic, it's really really wonderful stuff! I don't like the caddies, it's just one more thing hanging that my line can get tangled on. As a result, I just put it in my pocket and pull out as needed. A little of that stuff goes a long way. After landing a fish, use your favorite shake floatant and you're back in business.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:30 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about

Hmmmm, I have always bought Loon.

How does it compare with Dry Magic?

Jim
Old 11-22-2013, 07:56 PM

billyspey has a spectacular aura aboutbillyspey has a spectacular aura about

I use a hanger called the Chiff manger it is a piece of leather with a hole in it that fits the neck of the dry magic tube and a 2 slits in the top to hold the tube up side down with a split ring to attach to a vest or lanyard up side down .

Now about dry magic verses loon I have use D.M. For a few years have tried loon but returned to D.M. Can't tell you why must it didn't whoa me I guess but I also use frog Fannie nothing floats drys better ,I have also used shakes does not work as good as frog Fannie with brush.i have some trout hunter preen oil for CDC . But always use dry magic . A dab will do you.
waterfordcreek likes this.