The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default New Zealand Strike Indicator (tool)

Anyone here use this or have any feedback on it. I typically use some yarn held on similarly with Orthodontic rubber bands. The ortho rubber band method works well, it just takes me a few minutes of fumbling to get it on correctly.

You can google it and the link comes up. I didn't want to post the link since I dont know rules about that with them not being a business member

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 11-23-2013, 06:52 PM

amertens is on a distinguished road
Default Re: New Zealand Strike Indicator (tool)

Hi, comeonavs! I use and love this system. It works great for me. You need a few extra false casts every now and then and it will take a couple tries to get the amount of wool correct. This is the easiest to adjust system I have found. I don't think it's gonna keep a size 8 heavy double bead stonefly nymph up for very long, but that is about the only downfall.

I got mine and can get refills through cutthroat leaders.

Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 07:36 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future

Awesome thank you,

I don't run to big of nymph rigs so keeping them afloat isnt a primary concern. I really like the yarn method but my lack of dexterity leads to to much time prepping the rubber band method.

I actually like using minimal wool/yarn and dont mind when it runs slightly under the surface. You can still see a "stop" in its drift when a fish hits

Well here is to hoping Santa (wife) orders me one of these.

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 11-23-2013, 07:41 PM

amertens is on a distinguished road

Yeah if you like the lighter ones i say definitely go for it.

I should also mention not to worry about extra wool or tubing for a while. I've fished using it exclusively for about 6 months now and it doesn't appear that I've even put a dent in the pack

Good luck with Santa!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2013, 08:36 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

I didnt care for it. Many other simpler options in my opinion. Good for close range but will start sliding when you try reaching further out. Good thing about it was I got to test it for free and give a review of it.