The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By ted4887
  • 2 Post By dhayden

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2013, 05:25 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default Hyde Owners

I'm looking to purchase a new boat cover for my Contender. Do you own the factory Hyde cover, or is there a cheaper alternative out there for the budget-minded drift boat owner? $500 just seems a bit steep. But perhaps I'm mistaken since I've never had to purchase one before.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2013, 05:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hyde Owners

Ted
I believe that Cabelas sells covers for Hyde boats, but as I recall they were still spendy. I have a Hog Island drift boat and the cover for it was like $475 as I remember. Last trip out I noticed that one of the seams is coming undone, so I need to get that in for repair before it gets any worse.

Larry
ted4887 likes this.

Old 11-26-2013, 05:40 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Larry.

I saw they carry some of the universal ones, I don't know if I trust those all that much. They don't carry anything related to Hyde or Drift Boats anymore though. Chances are, to avoid having one that flaps around, I'll just have to pony up and get the Hyde cover. Perhaps they'll run a big sale for X-mas and I can get one a few dollars cheaper. A guy can dream, can't he?
mcnerney likes this.
Old 11-26-2013, 07:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Heck you never know, at the least it is a good idea to keep an eye on their web site to see if they run any sales over the holidays! Dream big!

Larry

Old 11-27-2013, 07:04 AM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

2 1/2 years ago, I took my boat over to Montana Canvas - Welcome
They fit a custom cover for it in a day.. I know it was cheaper than $400

They also made standard, off-the-rack covers, the website says nothing about it, but you might call them
mcnerney and ted4887 like this.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhayden View Post
2 1/2 years ago, I took my boat over to Montana Canvas - Welcome
They fit a custom cover for it in a day.. I know it was cheaper than $400

They also made standard, off-the-rack covers, the website says nothing about it, but you might call them
Dave: Thanks, I have that site bookmarked! The one day turnaround makes driving up there very attractive, it took me several months to get a boat cover out of Hog Island Boatworks.

Larry