The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 09:20 AM

jgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nicejgentile is just really nice
Default Filson Wading Jacket for Xmas on sale

Santa's going to visit me early this year. I have been looking at this jacket for some time now. I decided to randomly check the site and to my surprise they are on sale for about 50% off of the regular retail price.

Cover Cloth Wading Jacket | Filson

Ard has given this jacket a solid review in the past so I thought I would pass this along.

Joe
fishiowa and mridenour like this.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:27 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: Filson Wading Jacket for Xmas on sale

That is a great deal! I'm sure you will love that jacket and have it a long time.
Old 12-11-2013, 10:13 AM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

I don't think I've ever seen a 50% off Filson...not on a major piece like this. Wow. I might ...just...have to....
mridenour likes this.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:35 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Holy cow! 50% and directly from FILSON! I usually see discounts like that from dealers trying to get an edge on the competition.

Too bad all the smalls are now gone. That's strange.

Anyway I'm a huge fan of Filson goods, I've got totes, bags, vests, field coats, etc from them. You can't go wrong with a genuine Filson.

I wouldn't let this one slip by if you're on the fence.

C

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 PM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

Is this a jacket for heavy rain? It says water repellant, not waterproof. Filson makes great stuff, but in a jacket like this I want to know if I'm in a downpour all day I'll still be dry...
Old 12-11-2013, 03:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joe: That is one smoking deal, if I didn't already have a great wading jacket I would jump on that one.

Larry

Old 12-11-2013, 04:18 PM

r reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nicer reese is just really nice

Great deal!!! Great jacket!!! I was a Filson retailer before we sold our store. They must be going to change something on that jacket and get rid of old stock. Filson is good stuff, miss not being to get it at cost.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:46 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

I will add my name to the list That is a great deal, Filson and Duluth are exceptional companies when buying heirloom quality canvas.

Dave
Old 12-11-2013, 09:53 PM

mbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the roughmbchilton is a jewel in the rough

I work for a Filson retailer. I believe they are discontinuing this model, and that's the reason for the steep discount. They have a new wading jacket that came out last year.
Old 12-12-2013, 03:36 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgentile View Post
Santa's going to visit me early this year. I have been looking at this jacket for some time now. I decided to randomly check the site and to my surprise they are on sale for about 50% off of the regular retail price.

Cover Cloth Wading Jacket | Filson

Ard has given this jacket a solid review in the past so I thought I would pass this along.

Joe
Hi Joe,

That's a killer deal man!

These jackets are very warm for cool weather right up to cold with a light 2 layer system underneath. For rain they are good unless you find yourself on Kodiak Island for 8 consecutive days of hard rains and driving wind. Even at that I was warm but being in a tent the jacket never had a chance to dry out.

I wore one in Pennsylvania for years and it was always sufficient for that use. I also have a vintage Lewis Creek that has given good service for nearly 25 years. The thing about the Filson is that they just get comfortable with age. If you want them to be good rain protection you've gotta give them a rub down with the wax that'll come with it. I always use a hair dryer to warm the fabric when I wax. It takes awhile but then it's a labor of love when it's your fishing jacket

At this price you can't go wrong!

Ard

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikel View Post
Is this a jacket for heavy rain? It says water repellant, not waterproof. Filson makes great stuff, but in a jacket like this I want to know if I'm in a downpour all day I'll still be dry...
Hi mike,

Yeah, for a day you're good to go but for a week it pays to have a dry place for it to hang at night.

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Joe: That is one smoking deal, if I didn't already have a great wading jacket I would jump on that one.

Larry
Come on Larry, I have 4 fishing jackets so I can always "look the part"

Really, I have a really nice Ideal jacket circa 1979, made in America, rated Water 'Repellant' - an Old Lewis Creek, for that International flare - my Filson, and a Simms G3. Talk about looking the part

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;