The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By will09

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 09:00 PM

will09 is on a distinguished road
Default Going through the stuff I still have .

I found my two fly fishing vests and they look fine . I always bought what the Fly fishing shops near me had on sale . I also found I have a wood river small strap on bag . I was afraid to look thinking perhaps moths got to the vests since years ago some new neighbor moved into this old apt building and brought with her these small cloth eating moths . So far they have eaten holes in just about all our clothes and no matter what we do we can't get rid of them. One vest is a Caddis in gray with a black collar and lots of pockets not the mesh type but it's nice . I have another vest that has a lot of those chrome U shaped metal loops you can attach things to and both have a nice leather and sheep skin flap for flys , can't recall the name on the first vest . both are short vests. Both have lots of inside and outside zipper pockets and velcro flaps . All I ever needed.

I do have hip boots Red Ball hip boots . hope they are ok . They are still in the box they came in and put away dry.

I have a neat leader 6 spool case in some sort of tough clear plastic I know it was a good one. can't recall the name. It has 6 black spools and the ends to each six sizes line come out of holes with a built in cutter . This is where you made your own tippets. I know somewhere I have two leader wallets with pre made tapered leaders in them both in leather. Have to be in some box in that closet.

All this stuff has to be from the mid to late 80's .
mridenour likes this.
Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Going through the stuff I still have .

Late 80's

Practically new stuff Will, It'll be interesting to see what else you turn up.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-11-2014, 06:59 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Going through the stuff I still have .

Quote:
Originally Posted by will09 View Post
I have a neat leader 6 spool case in some sort of tough clear plastic I know it was a good one. can't recall the name. It has 6 black spools and the ends to each six sizes line come out of holes with a built in cutter . This is where you made your own tippets. .
I like those. If though you have to fill the spools yourself, I think that they're a more convenient method of carrying tippet then a lanyard or a pocket full of full-sized spools