The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 09:34 PM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Simms Headwater Guide Pack

Can not wait to get out on the water and try this out. So far without time on the water I can tell you

1) Very comfortable, form fitting so worn without the strap it is very secure
2) It holds more than a days supplies
3) When unzipped the pack acts as a "workbench"
4) Spot underneath it to secure and carry a rain jacket
5) Sleeve underneath with drawstring to carry water bottle
6) Velcro tippet holder that can be attached to the front very securely when needed and stowed inside when not in use
7) Same velcro attachment just for floatant, holds a bottle of gink and a bottle of dry shake

Click the image to open in full size.

Ready to go fishing next Saturday
Old 01-26-2014, 09:13 AM

comeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant futurecomeonavs has a brilliant future
Default Re: Simms Headwater Guide Pack

So I got this thing on the water yesterday, and wow what a step up over the other hip pack I was using.

1) it is very comfortable and is the first hip pack I've tried where I can actually where it on my hip or around my back ( A.K.A out of the way).

2) by keeping the necessities in the front enclosure as I needed anything a quick spin put it in the right spot and could get whatever I needed quickly and easily.

3) I thought it would be a PIA. Keeping the hemostats on the inside on a zinger but it wasn't at all. I kept the nippers in the little pocket on the belt and could get to them in a snap.

So nice being able to carry a bottle of water too

Best $ I've spent on a vest or pack in a long while.