The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 AM

paulw2 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation N.f.o. Renagade ?reniforcement

hey guys 1st post for me ,been lurking for a long time reading as much as I can,( learned a lot ),but I got a ? about the scadden renegade I am really thinking about pullin the trigger on 1 next week, I don't know ( and I have look everywhere ) if they have any reinforcement on the bottom of the toon,s, just want to have every thing straight in my mind before I jump in due to the price $1000 tag .I will be fishing 99% river with this boat,on the bow river up here in alberta Canada and after last years flood we have a lot of gravel bars and such with only 6 to 8 inches in a lot of places just want to make sure ,I am making the right choice of pontoon,i had a no name brand toon before but the frame was a royal pain ,so I really like the idea of frameless and balderless,i think iam just trying to convince myself to buy it lol but would like to know about the reinforcement thing appreciate all the help this forum has been to me ,
p.s. hope I put this post in the right place.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: N.f.o. Renagade ?reniforcement

Welcome to the forum Paul, Joni in my opinion would be the one I would seek out. Hopefully she will see your thread and post a reply.

Dave
paulw2 likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:22 PM

thanks dave I am hopping she will see it ,she seems to be up on all the scadden boats which is nice
Old 02-12-2014, 12:35 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulw2 View Post
thanks dave I am hopping she will see it ,she seems to be up on all the scadden boats which is nice
If she doesn't see it, I would send her a PM.

Dave
paulw2 likes this.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I got the pm but for general information. I think the Renegade is the Ultimate Pontoon for sure. It has skid plates so to speak. Extra layers on the areas that could be in contact, along with the layers of material and Kevlar. The skid plates can also be replaced if so needed. Not sure how easy though. Here is the bottom of the Renegade

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
I got the pm but for general information. I think the Renegade is the Ultimate Pontoon for sure. It has skid plates so to speak. Extra layers on the areas that could be in contact, along with the layers of material and Kevlar. The skid plates can also be replaced if so needed. Not sure how easy though. Here is the bottom of the Renegade

Click the image to open in full size.
thanks joni you are a star
Old 02-12-2014, 09:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Paul: I have the NFO Rampage, these boats are incredibly well built and extremely rugged, a photo just doesn't do it justice, but once you see it first hand you will understand what I'm talking about. I've had my boat for three years (I think) and I don't baby it at all and it has held up without a hitch. If you are floating over gravel bars with 6" of water you should never even touch, they don't draw that much water.

Larry
paulw2 likes this.

Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 AM

thanks larry, i appreciate the info , i am going to go for it , i just
wish n.f.o. web site was a bit better to order from, rather than having to phone ,my problem is my thick Irish accent,( some times i don't even know what i said lol ) plus i like to have a paper trail i hate giving out credit card info on the phone, . great bunch of people on this forum too by the way extremely helpful to a newbie
Old 02-13-2014, 11:29 AM

hey guys I just pulled the trigger on my renegade, talked to Dave got a renegade coming in a couple of weeks, thanks to all that helped me out on this forum ,and a big thanks to my missus who is buying me this sweet deal for a valentine's day gift, I had better go to the store and get her something real nice . feeling excited
mcnerney likes this.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:29 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Paul: Great news, you are going to have a blast floating in that pontoon! Be sure to post some photos once you get a chance to get it out floating and fishing on the Bow River.

Larry
paulw2 likes this.