The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2014, 11:28 PM

idahoclouser will become famous soon enough
Default Bug Luggage Warranty?

I have been using bug luggage boxes for years now and finally had a mishap with my big fly box. I have tried calling and emailing them to no avail, do you just send them the damaged box with a return address and sit on your hands until a new one comes in the mail? Would like to get it replaced before heading out this year.

So does anyone know firsthand?
Thanks in advance...
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
Old 03-01-2014, 08:39 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: Bug Luggage Warranty?

I have a bunch of bl boxes and really like them.
i just looked at their website and it lokks like they
have a 20 year no questions waranty.
The Bug Luggage Company | San Francisco
i hope they get back to you

casey

ARFE
Old 03-01-2014, 11:07 PM

idahoclouser will become famous soon enough

That is one of the reasons I went with them, but getting hold of them is a bear. The boxes are awesome, just would like to get one replaced is all.
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
Old 03-02-2014, 05:34 AM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough

I e mailed them a couple times with questions, it took a couple days but they got back to me with answers. I have a couple and plan on another small trout box.
There is probably 1 person who answers all the "general" e mails.....
They have been around a long time.....

Try this ATT:

Stephen Haggard

The Bug Luggage Company

make sure your sending address is earthlink
Old 03-02-2014, 09:03 AM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Never heard of them but it looks like good stuff.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:55 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold

Besides sending one to Stephen, you might try addressing one to Doug Matteo also.
When we did business with them their titles were Stephen ( Managing Partner ), Doug ( Owner ).

Back in the day, they were partners in the old San Francisco Flyfishers Supply ( Fly Shop ) on Clement St, San Francisco.

TT

Last edited by trout trekker; 03-02-2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:36 PM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

This thread reminds me, I left a voice mail about a broken box a couple months ago. I'm still waiting to hear back. I better follow up, it could be spring here in a couple more months.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:24 AM

eastfly66 will become famous soon enougheastfly66 will become famous soon enough

Attach a link to this thread.
Old 03-03-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishiowa View Post
it could be spring here in a couple more months.
I m hoping for more like a couple weeks !!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastfly66 View Post
Attach a link to this thread.
heres a place i found to purchase these boxes-
Bug Luggage Fly Boxes - Accessories

casey

ARFE