The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 AM

ar fly guy is on a distinguished road
Default 4 piece rod case

I'm looking for a 4 piece rod case that I can leave my reel on and that has individual sections for each section of the rod. I have heard that the Redington case do but can not find a picture of the inside of the case.

Any recommendations?
Old 05-07-2014, 10:03 AM

smilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nicesmilingduck is just really nice
Default Re: 4 piece rod case

I buy all my rod cases from Harding and Sons. They are American made and last forever. They have a lot of great products.

Welcome to the forum

Dylan
Old 05-07-2014, 10:40 AM

plecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of lightplecain is a glorious beacon of light

They're pretty available. Here's one for cheap:

Sage Vantage 4-Piece Rod and Reel Combo Case - Save 64%

This one has four nylon partitions inside.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:17 AM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice
Default 4 piece rod case

I got mine at Cabelas. Has the individual nylon partition for 4 pieces, can leave the reel on, and has a small zippered compartment on the side and a carrying handle. They come in different lengths too. Mine is for a 8.5' 4pc rod. The larger diameter reel fits good in there.
I don't know about made in the USA though.

Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-08-2014, 05:28 AM

fishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura aboutfishiowa has a spectacular aura about

There is one in the classifieds
Old 05-08-2014, 02:43 PM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about

Redington makes a good one. Fly Fishing Gear and Accessories | Redington Fly Fishing

They have a separate sleeve for each piece on a 4 piece rod. I own two. They can be purchased in many different places. So do a Google search.

If you are looking for a case to match your rod (for example: TFO makes one that I store my TFO BVK rod in) check the website for you make rod.

EDIT: Another option that I just purchased is this Orvis rod and reel case. http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=2Y2P

It's a great case if you own a number of rods that came with rod socks. Buy the large size though. The standard size won't fit a 10' rod. It will easily fit up to 12 reels and 6-7 rods up to 11' 4 piece switch rods - all in a nice, neat little package.
Old 08-23-2014, 09:10 PM

slips74 is on a distinguished road

I recently bought 2 of these and they work great, have individual sleeves inside & side compartments that fit a Large Umpqua Fly Box.

Check them out:

Amazon.com : Bw Sports 4-Piece Fly Rod Case : Sports & Outdoors Amazon.com : Bw Sports 4-Piece Fly Rod Case : Sports & Outdoors