The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 05:55 PM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Vest with hydration

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivizadams View Post
I took a look at the Rapid River Vest Pack, and I think that's the way I'm going to go.

Thanks-
Good luck with it. I went to LL Bean and checked it out. It's still not good enough to get me out of my Simms Guide Vest!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-06-2014, 06:41 PM

cab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura aboutcab has a spectacular aura about

I, too, dehydrate easily. This year, i'm stuffing all of my fishing stuff in my Camelbak backpack. The bladder is huge, the pack holds everything. Jury's still out on this idea.

If I put a big bladder in my vest, it pulled back and hurt my shoulders. Consider a filter/ pump and a small bladder. Never worry about enough water!

HTH,
CAB
Old 06-07-2014, 09:18 AM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all

MSR MiniWorks EX Water Filter - Eastern Mountain Sports and a water bottle that screws on to it that I bought at a local backpacking store. Virtually no weight and a unlimited supply of water at my finger tips.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:57 PM

baseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nicebaseman1 is just really nice

I just picked up a mesh back vest (StreamSide Spirit) and it fits brilliantly with my camel back over top.

“Be patient and calm – for no one can catch fish in anger.” – Herbert Hoover
Old 06-09-2014, 04:02 PM

ts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura aboutts47 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cab View Post
I, too, dehydrate easily. This year, i'm stuffing all of my fishing stuff in my Camelbak backpack. The bladder is huge, the pack holds everything. Jury's still out on this idea.

If I put a big bladder in my vest, it pulled back and hurt my shoulders. Consider a filter/ pump and a small bladder. Never worry about enough water!

HTH,
CAB
I like this idea with a sling, chest or waist pack. I do this sometimes with my Camelbak backpack.

When I wear my vest, i use just the basic Camelbak under the vest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-09-2014, 04:22 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

I've used this on a couple of trips upon recommendations here and for the most part am pretty happy with it. I've drank water from a few different streams and have not fallen ill whatsoever. Fresh cool water whenever you want it. The only downside is the filter is not the easiest to get water moving through, especially when brand new but once you use it it becomes easier.

Products - Katadyn Products Inc.