The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By grtlksmarlin
  • 1 Post By waterfordcreek

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 AM

grtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the roughgrtlksmarlin is a jewel in the rough
Default Waders bought from WaderUSA...

Hi all;

Just a heads up if you're looking for waders. I just received a set of waders from WaderUSA dot com, and besides the price being fantastic (even compared to Cabelas of the same product and the like), the shipping was free, and made it across the country in 3-days.

Now I'm not on the level of most of you buying your G4 simms and the like or whatever they are, just a pair of breathable FroggTogg stockingfoot Hellbender pants (though I have to admit I'm impressed and would buy again).....Unfortunately, they made an honest mistake on what they shipped (sent more expensive chest high instead of the waist high), and their solution was as follows:

Would I like to keep the chest high at no additional cost (on ebay $30 more), or would I like them to send me the pants, and if so they would ship them out first thing this morning, along with a paid label to reship the chest high back......Opted for the pants though was tempted to keep the chesties. So if everything else goes as it has, I expect I'll see them early next week.

Check them out if you're shopping for waders. They did good by me on all counts.

B.E.F.
hairwing530, ted4887 and mridenour like this.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:19 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Waders bought from WaderUSA...

I have been on the FroggTogg bandwagon for years.

Started years ago with the Hellbender pants also. As comfortable as any I have had...

Both my nephews and a couple of friends, are now all using there stuff with no complaints.... after a couple of years use.
grtlksmarlin likes this.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:03 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Waders bought from WaderUSA...

Great Thread going here!

Ah Yes .... the choice of waders (lets just skip belt high vs. chest) and what you can 'Pony Up' for a set. From 'reasonable' to down right robbery!

Are the really 'high end' one's better than the low end? Probably if you really put them to hard use; but how many us really do when you get right down to the 'nuts and bolts' of typical fishing?

That aside: TIGHT BELT AROUND YOUR MIDDLE!

Sooooo Yes! Save for your shirt keep as much of your outer clothing out side of your waders so the belt fits as snug as 'reasonable' around your middle. Even with a face first 'dump' damned little water will get by that belt. Every thing else above could be soaked, but from belt down you'll be amazed at how little water will get by that thing.

Fred