The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2014, 11:55 AM

GrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to allGrtLksMarlin is a name known to all
Default Waders bought from WaderUSA...

Hi all;

Just a heads up if you're looking for waders. I just received a set of waders from WaderUSA dot com, and besides the price being fantastic (even compared to Cabelas of the same product and the like), the shipping was free, and made it across the country in 3-days.

Now I'm not on the level of most of you buying your G4 simms and the like or whatever they are, just a pair of breathable FroggTogg stockingfoot Hellbender pants (though I have to admit I'm impressed and would buy again).....Unfortunately, they made an honest mistake on what they shipped (sent more expensive chest high instead of the waist high), and their solution was as follows:

Would I like to keep the chest high at no additional cost (on ebay $30 more), or would I like them to send me the pants, and if so they would ship them out first thing this morning, along with a paid label to reship the chest high back......Opted for the pants though was tempted to keep the chesties. So if everything else goes as it has, I expect I'll see them early next week.

Check them out if you're shopping for waders. They did good by me on all counts.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 06-29-2014, 10:19 PM

waterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura aboutwaterfordcreek has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Waders bought from WaderUSA...

I have been on the FroggTogg bandwagon for years.

Started years ago with the Hellbender pants also. As comfortable as any I have had...

Both my nephews and a couple of friends, are now all using there stuff with no complaints.... after a couple of years use.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:03 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Waders bought from WaderUSA...

Great Thread going here!

Ah Yes .... the choice of waders (lets just skip belt high vs. chest) and what you can 'Pony Up' for a set. From 'reasonable' to down right robbery!

Are the really 'high end' one's better than the low end? Probably if you really put them to hard use; but how many us really do when you get right down to the 'nuts and bolts' of typical fishing?

That aside: TIGHT BELT AROUND YOUR MIDDLE!

Sooooo Yes! Save for your shirt keep as much of your outer clothing out side of your waders so the belt fits as snug as 'reasonable' around your middle. Even with a face first 'dump' damned little water will get by that belt. Every thing else above could be soaked, but from belt down you'll be amazed at how little water will get by that thing.

Fred
Old 01-15-2015, 07:50 AM

maverick35 is on a distinguished road

BUYER BEWARE AT WADERUSA.COM - Make sure you look at their return policy before buying from them. They WILL NOT take back waders that leak. They only take back unused waders. That means you could pay 400 for a pair of waders from them, use them one time, have them leak, and they will not allow you to return them. They will direct you to the manufacturer. I found this out the hard way and will never buy from them again. I bought a $155 pair of Frogg Togg Anura 2 waders from them, they leaked first time out, and they refused to help me.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:50 AM

mridenour is just really nicemridenour is just really nicemridenour is just really nicemridenour is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick35 View Post
BUYER BEWARE AT WADERUSA.COM - Make sure you look at their return policy before buying from them. They WILL NOT take back waders that leak. They only take back unused waders. That means you could pay 400 for a pair of waders from them, use them one time, have them leak, and they will not allow you to return them. They will direct you to the manufacturer. I found this out the hard way and will never buy from them again. I bought a $155 pair of Frogg Togg Anura 2 waders from them, they leaked first time out, and they refused to help me.
That is troubling because right on their website, Wadersusa has the return policy for Frogg Toggs and it says to return the product to the dealer who will issue the return or refund. Apparently they don't honor their own documentation.

I inquired about their policies and am waiting to hear back.
hairwing530 and GrtLksMarlin like this.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:01 AM

itchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant futureitchmesir has a brilliant future

Send them back and go to ll bean... I got an email for 20% off plus free shipping.

Currently I'm waiting on a warranty exchange from them... The belt on my kennenbecs was falling apart... This belt is key as it's kinda integrated into the waders so I can roll them down and make them waist highs... Anyways... I'd bought their older model that was still stitched seams on clearance over a year ago... They're replacing them at no charge with the new welded seams style they now carry. And cost about $70 more than what I'd paid for the previous pair... Tough to beat that
Old 01-15-2015, 09:16 AM

mridenour is just really nicemridenour is just really nicemridenour is just really nicemridenour is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
Send them back and go to ll bean... I got an email for 20% off plus free shipping.

Currently I'm waiting on a warranty exchange from them... The belt on my kennenbecs was falling apart... This belt is key as it's kinda integrated into the waders so I can roll them down and make them waist highs... Anyways... I'd bought their older model that was still stitched seams on clearance over a year ago... They're replacing them at no charge with the new welded seams style they now carry. And cost about $70 more than what I'd paid for the previous pair... Tough to beat that
I am going to have to get waders this year. My old Cabela's boot foots are getting pinhole leaks up high...finally. I'm thinking about going with Bean's. The warranty is hard to beat and I'm happy with everything I've gotten from them so far.

There is no way I am buying Simms even though I know that I would like them. Just too much money.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:29 AM

plecain is a splendid one to beholdplecain is a splendid one to beholdplecain is a splendid one to beholdplecain is a splendid one to beholdplecain is a splendid one to beholdplecain is a splendid one to behold

I like Bean's things, and their warranty is unbeatable.

But, I've not had good luck with Bean's waders.

The first pair, with the sewn seams down the inside of the legs, wore through the threaded seams and leaked after only a couple months.

Exchanged those for a welded seam version. The seams are much better, and don't leak. However, the neoprene socks kept getting small leaks. I fixed several leaks, then gave up and returned those for a refund.

The latest are Redington Sonic waist-high waders. So far, all is well, but I've used them fewer than 5 times.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plecain View Post
I like Bean's things, and their warranty is unbeatable.

But, I've not had good luck with Bean's waders.

The first pair, with the sewn seams down the inside of the legs, wore through the threaded seams and leaked after only a couple months.

Exchanged those for a welded seam version. The seams are much better, and don't leak. However, the neoprene socks kept getting small leaks. I fixed several leaks, then gave up and returned those for a refund.

The latest are Redington Sonic waist-high waders. So far, all is well, but I've used them fewer than 5 times.
I kind of see mixed reviews on the Bean waders. It seems problems show up right away or not at all.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.
Old 01-15-2015, 10:29 AM

labradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to alllabradorguy is a name known to all

I coughed up the cash for the Simms waders and Guide boots, but I fish a lot of really fast, rough mountain rivers that require quite a bit of bank walking, brush busting, log jam crawling, etc to get around on. To me that justified the Simms purchase. My boys typically fish waters where they mainly just need to stay dry and have decent traction. I went to flyshopcloseouts.com and picked up two pairs of Orvis Pro Guide waders. For less than $200 bucks the waders came in a combo deal with Chota boots and a bag of cleats. I've been really impressed with both. My boys can tear up an anvil with a feather, but after a whole season, the waders and boots are in great shape. I've zero complaints.
"In Heaven the police are British, the cooks are French, the cars are German, and the women are Italian. In Hell the police are German, the cooks are English, the cars are French, and the women are Italian...."