The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 07:05 PM

majohnson is on a distinguished road
Default Simms Waders

I was looking at buying a set of Simms waders and looking at their warranty has me questioning my decision. The 30 day and 1st repair is on us warranty is not very long to stand behind what you sell.

Orvis is not much more, Redington does a year. Are Simms holding up well enough to warrant the extra cost?
Old 07-04-2014, 07:11 PM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Simms Waders

Basically yes ,there the king of the hill,top of the heap,numero uno.Own 3 pairs myself.
milt spawn likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 07:25 PM

wjl is on a distinguished road

Worth every dollar, I have G3 chest and pant. In a heartbeat I would buy again but not too soon as mine are 3 years old and a long way from replacing.
winstonwt likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:00 PM

winstonwt will become famous soon enoughwinstonwt will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Re: Simms Waders

What do you see when you walk in a fly shop looking for waders,i'll tell you what i see,patagonia,redington,froggtoggs almost all the time on sale,why because they do not sell enough of the other brands,so there put on sale.Simms are simms.NO i do not work for simms or a flyshop,when you use a product long enough you simply know the answer.!!!!!!
hunter1 likes this.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:08 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

My G3 waders are now 3+ years old and no problems, no hesitation to buy another pair whenever these wear out.

Dave
winstonwt likes this.
Old 07-05-2014, 03:38 AM

bear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of lightbear 007 is a glorious beacon of light

I'm on the water at least 3 times a week and still have my Simms Guide waders, they are pre-G3, probably close to 15 years old. I took a fall in them last week, landed on my knee right on a rock, all that happened was a small abrasion, they just keep chugging on. I keep thinking I'm going to need a pair of G3's but these things just won't quit, they are expensive but worth every penny of it.
winstonwt likes this.
Old 07-05-2014, 08:49 AM

hunter1 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Simms Waders

I'm still using a pair of simms guide waders i bought in 1997. There still going strong, don't leak, What's that tell you about how good they are. I wear them spring, summer, and fall, for trout fishing. Winter , i use a pair of Simms neopren waders. I do take very good care of my wader's.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:37 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

If you got the money, buy them. My simms are over 3 years old and still good. Ive got the G4z and no leaks in the waders or zipper.
Old 07-06-2014, 01:11 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Simms. milt
Old 07-06-2014, 03:51 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

My first pair of waders were a close out pair from Orvis. They were good starters, but my G3's that replaced them are in their own category. You get what you pay for. You'll likely go through several pairs of other brands before you wear through a single pair of Simms waders. In the end, you will have spent more money and experienced some level of failure while in the field by trying the rest.

I recommend spending the money now, which will save you money in the long run. They are well worth it.

-VB
jcw355 and winstonwt like this.