The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By repperson29

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2014, 02:26 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Finally got it!

I've had my eye on a filson foul weather vest for awhile now and finally managed to snag one on ebay for 180$!

Click the image to open in full size.

Now I just gotta figure out how to secure my nippers and hemostats to the vest. Thinking of running some 550 cord through the grommet on the bottom of the vest and just storing them in the pocket. How does everyone store their gear in these? Trying to figure out the best way.

It's nice to know you have a quality piece of equipment that won't fail you if you care for it.

Ryan
Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.
Old 07-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally got it!

Ryan: Congrats on the new vest! Filson makes quality gear that should last you a very long time.

Old 07-07-2014, 07:15 PM

labtrout will become famous soon enoughlabtrout will become famous soon enough

Great vest. I've had mine for many years and It has stood up. I pin my zinger with attached nipper on the right strap above the fleece patch: out of the way and easy to access. I put the hemostat inside the left zippered pocket near my dry fly box (nymph/wet box goes on right side). Tippet spools fit nicely in the back interior slots of the zippered pockets. Front snap pouches hold small stuff like split shot, Aquel, Frog's Fanny, extra leaders, small first aid kit etc.

Love having brass zippers and snaps and NO Velcro!

The back pouch holds a surprising amount of stuff when you are hiking and need to carry a rain jacket/lunch/water etc.
Old 07-07-2014, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

You'll like that Ryan, I've been using one for a long time. However I went to wearing my nipper on a neck cord long ago so I just fill the pockets and go............

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-07-2014, 08:15 PM

repperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of lightrepperson29 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys, I think I've figured out how I want to carry my gear thanks lab trouts layout with a few tweeks. I'm excited, I'm going to be going on a mini hike (no more than 2 miles probably) on Saturday with my gear and I won't need an extra backpack now.

Ryan