The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By ejsell
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels
  • 3 Post By lake flyer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 12:32 PM

802flyfish will become famous soon enough
Default Wading boots ?

Just picked up a pair of Orvis sonic waders. I'm still having down trouble picking out a boot, pefferabely rubber. My budget is 200, any suggestions would be great.

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

My local simms store will give me 20% off any purchase. Anyone have any luck with simms boots ?
Old 07-08-2014, 02:56 PM

ejsell has a spectacular aura aboutejsell has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Wading boots ?

I broke down and bought the Simms rivertek boa boots a few months ago. So far I love them. I hiked a couple of miles in them this weekend and they did great. I'm looking forward to seeing how well they do over the next couple of seasons.
Hardyreels and comeonavs like this.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Look here; Which New Wading Boot? the replies pretty well cover all brands.

Ard
comeonavs likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-08-2014, 06:20 PM

lake flyer will become famous soon enoughlake flyer will become famous soon enough

I've used the discontinued leather Simms Guide boots (two pair in fifteen years) for years. I fish and walk quite a lot and had no complaints. Even had the the toe cap replaced after five years at a local shoe repair shop so I could get 2 more years out of my pair that I use winter steelheading. I just bought a pair of the new Guide boots but haven't worn them steelheading yet. Rugged and comfortable.
Hardyreels, coug and winstonwt like this.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:46 PM

coug will become famous soon enoughcoug will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake flyer View Post
I've used the discontinued leather Simms Guide boots (two pair in fifteen years) for years. I fish and walk quite a lot and had no complaints. Even had the the toe cap replaced after five years at a local shoe repair shop so I could get 2 more years out of my pair that I use winter steelheading. I just bought a pair of the new Guide boots but haven't worn them steelheading yet. Rugged and comfortable.

Yup, mine are four years old with the rubber soles and the sole is shot, but I am ordering exactly the same thing except in felt. Great boots. Comfortable, rugged, and lots of support in rivers with boulders as the bottom.
Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 AM

802flyfish will become famous soon enough

I ended up getting the Korker's with the BOA because it was 30% off at my shop. I went to another fly shop in the area and they had a really nice Simms BOA boot which was 30% off, oh well.. I like the fact that you get a rubber and felt bottom for the boot that can be easily changed, I haven't tried out the felt yet. The boots are a little to big, but I'm assuming come winter a hefty wool sock will make a perfect fit.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:03 PM

clay tonian is on a distinguished road

Korker's tip: store them in a cool, dry place, preferably near a dehumidifier and definitely not in a warm garage. Korker's will quietly rot and fall apart at the worst possible time. I have had 3 pairs delaminate or tear apart on the water. Great idea but cheap construction.

Simms.