The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 08:44 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Question Adventure Fly Fishing Co.'s All-Season Vest/Jacket

Has anyone had any experience with what appears to be an extremely full-featured but also very expensive vest? $387 seems huge until you factor in its convertibility into a full-sleeved and hooded jacket with drop-down "panels" for the waist area - all of which are apparently detachable.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adventure Flyfishing Co. All-Season Vest-Jacket.jpg (32.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 03-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Adventure Fly Fishing Co.'s All-Season Vest/Jacket

Fly2Fish,
That's a wild concept.
If you spend $499.00 do you get the other half?

My concern is storage of the raincoat, ventilation around it, and perhaps overall weight.

I think for certain circumstances this could be beneficial, just don't know if the cost warrant it.
Would it get used enough?

What do you think of it?

"Whoever said happiness comes with sunshine, has never known a Steelhead fisherman who prays for Fall rains."

Old 03-18-2008, 01:17 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Fyshstykr, hahaha - that's a good one!

Even though some of the reviews indicated it breathed well, it's hard to imagine that it would be as cool as, say, some of the newer mesh types. Although the hood and sleeves do detach and store, as far as I could find the waist panels just roll up, which would just add warmth in the last area I'd want it. Since I tend to be too warm when/where I fish, this would be a major concern for me.

It did have some pretty innovative features, however. I liked the concept of custom-fitted Velcro-bottomed interchangeable flyboxes which fit into its fold-down workbenches, although I guess I could attach Velcro to the bottom of my favorite flyboxes for the same result. And positioning its light in a special fitted pocket right next to the workbench was a clever touch, although I can jerry-up the same result on my WJ Fusion with my clip-on microlight. Here's a link to their website's description of it that details out all the many features: All-Season Vest-Jacket™, khaki/forestÂ*::Â*Vests and Vest-JacketsÂ*::Â*The Adventure Flyfishing Co.

Bottom line to me was that it was pretty expensive. But I'll keep it in mind when my lottery ticket cashes in
Old 03-18-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
. . . as far as I could find the waist panels just roll up, which would just add warmth in the last area I'd want it. Since I tend to be too warm when/where I fish, this would be a major concern for me.
Whoops! Should have read the site's features descriptions better. The "foul weather" waist extension is zipper-detachable for storage, it turns out.