The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

Like Tree71Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2015, 01:01 PM

sweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hatch Nipper

We have known this product was coming as it was an award recipient at last summers IFTD Show. I've yet to see one but it is now on Hatch's web site from which I quote below. You can see it features a hook eye clearing needle in a recess near its hinge.

"The Hatch Nipper is crafted from 6061T6 aluminum and protected with type II Anodize. The cutters are made from Tungsten Carbide for abrasion resistance and reliable cuts through all fishing line material". From Hatch Outdoors web site, available in four colors, lanyard included for $100

Click the image to open in full size.
GrtLksMarlin likes this.
Old 10-29-2015, 01:25 PM

plecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud ofplecain has much to be proud of
Default Re: Hatch Nipper

Quick.
We need a shootout among:

Abel
Simms
Hatch
LLBean
White River
Orvis
Fish Pond
Revlon

nippers.

(In another thread, someone pointed out that cabin fever is setting in early this year.)

--Paul
Old 10-29-2015, 04:17 PM

wthorpe is on a distinguished road

Come on! $100 for nippers? A comp price for a reel would be at least $900. But, oh yeah, they do that too. I notice from their website that you can accessorize that nipper (and lets not forget that you get a lanyard too) with a $38 water bottle and a $25 bottle opener. $163 for... oh my god ... nipper, water bottle and bottle opener. OR...maybe a new modest priced rod or reel?
Old 10-29-2015, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

I'll probably stick with my Abel's
Jackster, jaybo41, dean_mt and 4 others like this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-29-2015, 06:26 PM

comeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond reputecomeonavs has a reputation beyond repute

Hell that is a bargain, my wife paid $25 for tweezers the other day.

While I personally am not compelled to reach back to my wallet to acquire a pair I bet the folks who are compelled certainly will enjoy using them.

Like Ard I will stick with my fire engine red set of Abel Nippers and Hemo's

"Snap it" Hank Patterson
Old 10-29-2015, 06:53 PM

GrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud ofGrtLksMarlin has much to be proud of

Ehh, I'm sticking with my "Custom Classic" nippers in both freshwater and offshore line test versions.

Click the image to open in full size.

B.E.F.

-To conserve and protect our sporting outdoor heritage
----through responsible wildlife and natural resource
---------stewardship, and educated ethical use.
Old 10-29-2015, 07:08 PM

moucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to allmoucheur2003 is a name known to all

At only $100 the drag must suck big time.
mcnerney, dean_mt, ts47 and 1 others like this.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:19 PM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Crikees! An overpriced nipper thread in October?

Shame on you SS!!
Old 10-30-2015, 08:16 AM

sweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond reputesweetandsalt has a reputation beyond repute

Come-on, Dean, they've released them with plenty of save-up time for the Holidays. I'm speculating that they may feature a stacked, sealed, multi-element, graduated pressure hinge.

For the few hold-out that don't yet have Abel Nippers, how does this design appear to compare?
Old 10-30-2015, 09:27 AM

jgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to alljgentile is a name known to all

$100.00???? The ONLY way I'd own these if I were to hang them from the review mirror of my Ferrari.
GrtLksMarlin and leftytyro like this.