The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 11:52 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speaking of Waders, Can Neoprene be Revived...??

I'm not even sure my wader's neoprene boots are leaking, but they've been
feeling awfully squeshy lately. The boot seems like it may have stretched a
little as well. Symptoms are squeshy (sp??) feeling, and an ever so slight
damp feeling on the bootom of my socks. Of course this feeling coincedes
with warmer weather, so maybe my feet are just SWEATING....Gross ! These waders are 3-4 years old, and don't
leak anywhere else, and I'm not even sure this is a leak.

Does anyone hit their neoprene with something like Revivex???
Old 04-17-2008, 01:06 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Speaking of Waders, Can Neoprene be Revived...??

Sounds like foot sweat, or lots of little leaks. Either way, I'd say breathable is the answer.

Simms has a RIDICULOUS number of waders available this year, some likely affordable. Or you could just go with the basic LL Bean breathables and call it good.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:18 PM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like condensation in your boots... Cold water + warm body= condensation. Just make sure you dry the inside out after use.. I rolled up a pair with some condensation in them & left them in the car & ended up with a mold / mildew problem. The only way I know of to ck. them for sure would be to fill them up with water & look for seepage. I don't think rolling them up to trap air & submergeing them to look for bubbles will work if the leak is really small. Pay special attention to the seam where the boot is attached. Did you put screws in the soles for traction like a buddy of mine did. He ended up with a tiny leak. The screws were OK when he first put them in but they must have worked in a little bit more over time & just pierced the boot & not the cushion insert so he never felt it. If you do find the leak Aqua seal works great. Warm the tube up in hotwater before use as it will flow a little better & be absorbed by the neopreme on the first coat a little better....
Good Luck
Old 04-17-2008, 06:22 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys! You're probably right: there's barely a feeling of moisture, and
only on the bottom of my socks. It's just enough that it's dry in a minute or
so, kind of like after taking off my sneakers.....Hmmmmm....
Old 04-18-2008, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Dang Frank, I was wondering what that 'Aroma' was!!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm probably wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

http://www.wasatchguideservice.com/