The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2010, 01:24 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone use a Creel/Bag?

Spent the whole day yesterday wearing the Orvis Sling Bag. Nothing like I expected. It's even better. Hard to explain but most of the weight is carried by the waist belt. The sling just sort of stabilizes it. We climbed through some fairly thick stuff and did a lot of rock hopping. No issues. Threw everything from my vest in it plus some snacks and a couple of bottles of water. It was easier to get to everything. I may go back to the vest float tubing but that will be about it.
Old 08-29-2010, 04:25 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

Hey Jimmie,

How do you think that it would work with wading, say wast deep?

I just spent 9 hours with my backpack on and my back is killing me. Halfway through today I thought about this post and the little bags, and it was some wishful thinking.

Anthony
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 08-29-2010, 07:36 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant View Post
Hey Jimmie,

How do you think that it would work with wading, say wast deep?

Anthony
Hey Anthony

Yeah, waist deep is going to be a problem. I actually thought about that so put some stuff in baggies (cell phone, ccards, licenses). I put my flies in my shirt pockets. I think that I was good to take a dunk, but the flows are getting pretty low here. I sure like the set-up with the sling bag.
A couple of weeks ago I ran into some back packers in the wilderness area. I asked one if I could feel the weight of the back pack. I couldn't believe how much weight you folks carry. AND, walk uphill.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:04 PM

ant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to beholdant is a splendid one to behold

That sucks.... I guess I'll have to take a trip to Cabela's to see what they have that might work. I definitely need to find a way to make myself carry less.

Yeah, I could never backpack for several days and fish. Way to much weight. I had my day pack today and that thing gets close to 15 lbs; with my fly stuff, first aid kit and odds and ends. I also carry a water filtration device, which doesn't help.

Several years ago I was backpacking and ran out of drinking water. I had to hike almost a full day until I could find another water source (due to my p*ss poor planning, I'll admit). Suffice to say I was not a happy camper that day. So in my paranoia I always carry a way to gt clean water when I'm out.
FlyFishinado - My Fly Fishing Blog
Old 09-01-2010, 03:08 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Got an e-mail for this today
Thought I'd pass it along
3 New British Gas Mask / Shoulder Bags, Dpm Camo, Military Surplus, Sportsman's Guide

There's also this one
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/c...332&ecid=EX35D