The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2010, 07:29 AM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Wading Shoe Studs

no I change spots for screwing them in, you don't have to move them far just not in same hole.
Been using the hex head screws for 30+ years. started using them before there were studded felts and korkers. Ice racing studs for motorcycles are great the edge is cut different. not sure if they still make them. used to be a snow mobile stud too. check out the local dealers for them. 1/4 X 1/4 would be perfect, though hard to find anymore.
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 09-11-2010, 04:30 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

I have a pair of Korkers as does my wife. The change out is easy and you can get what you need. They come with Rubber Sole for hiking and as well as felt. I also ordered the felt studed. When I hike I use the rubber hiking soles. Then I switch out on stream.

If you get the watch out for the plastic tab draw string. It breaks.

I used the shoe design and My wife uses the open toe ones. They have lasted two years and I am happy with them for only $99 and the 39 for extra sole.

CritterGetter

I got mine at Cabela's.

Korkers
Old 09-11-2010, 07:27 PM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
When you all put in your own carbide, steel or aluminum studs/screws, do you always screw them into the same place, and if so, do replacements hold equally well or do the improvised holes "strip"?
Mine did not strip out the original hole when putting new ones in. I set the torque setting way low on my drill. I've only went out once since changing them and they are all still in.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:26 AM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittergetter View Post
I have a pair of Korkers as does my wife. The change out is easy and you can get what you need. They come with Rubber Sole for hiking and as well as felt. I also ordered the felt studed. When I hike I use the rubber hiking soles. Then I switch out on stream.

If you get the watch out for the plastic tab draw string. It breaks.

I used the shoe design and My wife uses the open toe ones. They have lasted two years and I am happy with them for only $99 and the 39 for extra sole.

CritterGetter

I got mine at Cabela's.

Korkers
Critter,

I too am a big Korkers fan; in fact, I've got two pairs (1st & 2nd generation) - had to buy the second pair because I got so fat

If I had to do it over, I'd have bought the BOA lacing system model for my second pair - when you're fat, it's tough to bend over to tie shoelaces and the BOA system would make that easier. On the other hand, I guess I could just lose some weight . . .