The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2010, 03:33 PM

art in ny is on a distinguished road
Default water skeeter pontoon

Is water skeeter out of bisness . My pontoon has sprung a leak in the seam and was wondering where i could get new pontoon bladders
Old 10-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: water skeeter pontoon

Hi Art,

I don't believe I've ever posted to you and not wanting to sound obtuse but have you tried the phone number on this link?

Water Skeeter

Regards,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-15-2010, 04:40 PM

I have been trying to call there old number off there website. Thanks hardy i will try this number monday.
Old 10-15-2010, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Glad to help, hope I did.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Well i found out today water skeeter is no longer . But on the brightside the company might reopen in november under new ownership.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Art,
Here is a company that's in my area, they might be able to help you in a pinch.
I'm familiar with them from years ago when working in a local shop, ask for John.
Kickboats

There boats ROCK too!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 PM

mojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant futuremojo has a brilliant future

Don't see a lot of Versa's around anymore. Well built kickboats though. Still made in Morgan it looks like. I would think they would have some individual toons for sale that might fit a WS frame.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:59 AM

ezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the roughezamora is a jewel in the rough

the bright side IS that water skeeter went out of business.....

whoa, did i just malign a company on the internet? first time for everything i guess. sorry.

here is another link that might help: Fishing Pontoon Boats | Fly Fishing | Fishing Equipment

when i spoke to water skeeter direct (many times in my singular purchasing experience) i asked why the pontoon boat i bought had oregon fishing on the side. WS said they had a business partnership in a sense.

good luck. and i mean that sincerely.

eric
fresno, ca.
Old 10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

They do have 'toons for sale, kinda pricey though, but they are well made. You would probably need to buy a set also. Take a peek in the 'store'.

I still have mine hanging in the shed, it's like 15 yrs old now. Probably ought to sell it as I have not used it in a loooooong time now.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-13-2014, 02:19 PM

pogybait is on a distinguished road

Art in ny,

I have a Water Skeeter with inflatable pontoons. I'm sorry but, I don't have a handy photo. This one, as I said, has two large inflatable pontoons and another inflatable "U" shaped bladder on top of this. If this is the one of which you speak, I too am in the same bind with a leak in the upper bladder. I had a leak in the inside curved area at the seam, a few years ago, and was able to repair it. Last year, a leak developed in the other side of this same upper bladder but that one was a bit hard to repair. I believe it is in good shape. I've since purchased a different non-bladder boat so I'm getting away from the Skeeter.

I have three suggestions for you for the upper "U" shaped bladder. First, use "Aqua Seal" for repairs (on lower bladders too). Second, find an inexpensive garage sale "U" style float tube and use the bladder. It may not be perfect but will probably be ok. The valve may be different and in a different location but it should work as long as it is roughly the same size.

Finally, I am willing to sell my entire Water Skeeter, complete with a garage sale U tube bladder I found.