The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2010, 01:55 PM

vanceinak is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone use "Cocoons Pro Series" sun glasses?

I'm in need of a good pair of polarized sunglasses to go over my perscription glasses. Thinking about the Cocoons Pro Series with copper colored lenses.
Anyone have any experience with these?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:45 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone use "Cocoons Pro Series" sun glasses?

I had the standard series Aviator frames with the copper polarized lens. Unfortunately I misplaced them. They were comfortable. The lens quality is good, but optical clarity is not as good as higher end polarized sunglasses.

I will probably get another set before next spring's allergy season when I can't wear my contact lenses.

MP
Old 11-05-2010, 03:07 PM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of

I got a pair recently and like them very much. Before that I used clip on Coccoons. They sucked.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:04 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Re: Anyone use "Cocoons Pro Series" sun glasses?

Have used Cocoons for a few years and like them. Don't wear glasses so I don't need them over RX lens and find them very comfortable. One of my "must" requirements is full wrap around, they certainly qualify in that respect. As MP says, lens quality isn't as good as some of the $$$ examples, but adequate. Price is right.
Old 11-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi vanceinak,

I have tried several different sizes of the Cocoons and just don't like them. I wear heavy prescription glasses and I don't like the extra bulk and weight of the Cocoons. Lots of people like them so it may just be a personal dislike. I am speaking about the type of Cocoons that fit over regular glasses in case there is a different type.

Frank