The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 06:04 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about
Default Simms Freestone

Does anyone have any experience with Simms Freestone Waders? I am thinking about buying a pair for a back up because they are on sale at a fly shop near me. Any Tips on durability and overall preformance would be awesome.

Thanks
Old 12-21-2008, 06:53 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Simms Freestone

My brother in-law called me and told me about the sale also, I am guess at any store that carries Simms. Making room for the new models.
I work the Freestone at the lodge. I liked them cause they are a light weight very comfortable wader. Seems the legs are a little thinner which I liked. They hold up fantastic!
Thumbs up from me.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:39 PM

ksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura aboutksbrowntrout2 has a spectacular aura about

and also, With thermals on, will i be okay wading in these during the winter?
The water where I fish typically will not drop below 45 degrees or so.
Old 12-21-2008, 08:45 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I think they do. I wear Body Armour but if real cold I wear Fleece Bibs over the BA. They block the wind, which is the real problem .......45! That's warm, LOL
Old 12-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

I also picked up some Freestones, at a very nice sale price, a few months ago. June I believe. I've worked them pretty hard this fall and have been very happy with them. Definitely will stay with Simms down the road.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:25 PM

Joni...Lol, 45 is pretty warm, but I live in Kansas...uggh..worst trout state in the U.S. declared by me. I drive to southern missouri to fish the springs that flow there. Since the water is around 50 coming out of the springs, give or take 5 degrees during the summer and winter do to the air temps down river from the stream
Old 12-21-2008, 10:20 PM

Sep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of lightSep is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post
45! That's warm, LOL
This ole southern boy here would beg to disagree.....
Old 12-21-2008, 10:29 PM

Our rivers run in the 30's weather, well in the teens for the next few nights. Maybe, single digits.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:58 AM

45 is a good temperature for Huge Browns. Some brown trout in missouri can reach 40 pounds...AH WELL...my biggest is 7 pounds. The place were going to fish this weekend has a 15 pound brown as a record.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:38 AM

So get busy.....find that PIG! How kewl would that be!