The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2010, 08:55 PM

flatsfisher is on a distinguished road
Default waders

I am just getting into fly fishing and I need some waders. I will be fishing the elk river in TN and a few streams out west in Colorado in the summer. I may fish around 40 times a year. I would like to spend no more than $220 or so. I have been looking at some Orvis (mainly the sonic seam), i like them because Orvis is such a strong company that stands behind their products. I have also heard great things about some of the Frogg Togg waders, but I am not sure what their warranty policy is. Any recommendations/product suggestions?
Old 11-29-2010, 02:40 AM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: waders

It's hard to beat Orvis' customer service.
Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 AM

jcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nicejcw355 is just really nice

Get something with a good warranty, I bought some cheap waders because I couldn't afford the simms I actually wanted at the time. I have already aquasealed the seams on the cheap waders.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:29 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

I agree warranty service should be high on your list when it comes to waders. I have a pair of Orvis breathables. Silver....something Sorry, my mind went blank and I cant remember the model name. Wow, thats embarassing..... Anyway, I have been very happy with them.
Make sure you get sized properly.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 11-29-2010, 10:09 AM

TeddyBallgame09 is on a distinguished road

Tough to top L.L. Bean as far as warranty goes.

I have used their Emerger breathable stockingfoots in the past...they're a solid entry-level wader for less than $100.00

I am sure you'll hear an assortment of solid first-hand opinions from a variety of folks in the know on this site.

What matters is comfort & durability and how well they suit YOUR specific needs.

All the Best!
Old 11-29-2010, 02:25 PM

flatsfisher is on a distinguished road

I tried on the Orvis enduras at a local fly shop that i liked alot, but then the reviews weren't all that great on orvis' website. Which orvis model is good?
Old 11-30-2010, 02:56 PM

gwozdz is on a distinguished road

Orvis is now making a pretty good bootfoot breathable with studs in the rubber soles that look like snowtire studs. My brother has a pair and he can get in and out of them a lot faster than the stocking foot. I've read where some states my outlaw felt soles due to the environmental concerns.
Old 12-01-2010, 11:04 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Old spammer....new name

......whose spam post has since been removed

Last edited by Rip Tide; 12-01-2010 at 11:44 AM.