The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2009, 08:34 PM

flyrayfishing is on a distinguished road
Default Simms Waders

Has anyone used the Simms Guide Stockingfoots Waders?
I just bought a pair and they were $375.95 and they laet me have them for $235.00 plus tax.....Iam Excited about them but dont know much about the SIMMS waders...Iam new to the game..
Old 04-11-2009, 09:23 PM

sanjuanloop is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Simms Waders

Best in the business......
Old 04-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Had a pair now for atleast 10yrs. Good investment.
I am however thinking about getting a new pair of the bootfoot next Spring, not because I need to, but because of the ease of getting them on.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 08-11-2009, 05:08 PM

ksigtuck will become famous soon enoughksigtuck will become famous soon enough

Would like to come across a deal like that...
TUck
Old 08-11-2009, 08:06 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
. . . but because of the ease of getting them on.
Fysh,

Are you meaning you're wanting bootfoot because of the hassle of putting on wading boots over the stockingfoot waders, and then gravel guards, etc.? If so, I'm with you. Stockingfoot waders with separate boots and then gravel guards are a pain in the *ss (or more aptly, the back, if like me you have an on-again/off-again bad back ).
Old 08-11-2009, 10:15 PM

GRN will become famous soon enough

There are a lot of advantages to separate boots:
1. many boot foot waders have limited sole choices, many only offer felt.
2. you can have multiple boots for different apps., like oversized boots for extra layers in the winter.
3. most bootfoots don't offer much ankle support
4. you don't usually wear out boots and waders at the same time, but have to pay for both again if you have bootfoots.

I have 2 pairs of Simms guide weights (pants and chesties), and they have outlived a few different pairs of boots... YMMV.

I choose fly rods the same way I do women, motorcycles, and cowboy boots...
go with what ever feels good, and keep on hand as many as I can afford
Old 08-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

I've put 8 years into trying to wear out a pair of Simms Guide waders myself. You bought the best.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly2Fish View Post
Fysh,

Are you meaning you're wanting bootfoot because of the hassle of putting on wading boots over the stockingfoot waders, and then gravel guards, etc.? If so, I'm with you. Stockingfoot waders with separate boots and then gravel guards are a pain in the *ss (or more aptly, the back, if like me you have an on-again/off-again bad back ).

Sorry I missed this F2F,
Yes!! that is the exact reason I'm speaking of. I was cussing the whole set up the other day as a matter of fact. Our friend has a pair of bootfoots and was there. He started laughing and said "watch this" and literally jumped into his waders!

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 10-21-2009, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

I have a pair of Simms G3....they're the best waders I've ever had...but I don't jump into them like fysh for they're stockingfoot...for me it's better because I can choose the boots according to the place I want to fish(studded or felt soles)
Old 10-21-2009, 12:11 PM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
Sorry I missed this F2F,
Yes!! that is the exact reason I'm speaking of. I was cussing the whole set up the other day as a matter of fact. Our friend has a pair of bootfoots and was there. He started laughing and said "watch this" and literally jumped into his waders!
I agree
I have 4 pairs of waders that I use
Two stocking foots, two bootfoots.
The bootfoots are a lot easier to deal with and the disadvantages that are often mentioned when this subject comes up are very minimal.

Bootfoots are almost mandatory in the surf due to the waves pounding sand into every crack and crevice, but a third reason that I really like the bootfoots is for stealth
Sometimes you just want to get out of your vehicle, get your gear together, and go before someone sees you.
I do this a lot..... I have my reasons
Not possible with a stocking foot/ wading boot combination