The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan
Default Simms Boots..

I bought a pair of the Simms Guide vibram soled boots a year ago this past September. When I was putting the boots on yesterday to fish; I noticed the rubber heel covering appeared to be cracking and separating from the underlying material, needless to say I wasn't to happy about it. Anyone else have any problems with their Simms boots?

Dan
Old 01-05-2011, 10:40 AM

yatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud ofyatahey has much to be proud of
Default Re: Simms Boots..

No problems yet with my Simms vibrams and they were on water 85 days in 2010.
Simms will repair or replace them for free. Their warranty service is second to none.
Contact them at their web site for instructions on how to proceed.

Yat's Blog: http://pleinaircolorado.blogspot.com/
Old 01-05-2011, 11:52 AM

kglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond reputekglissmeyer1 has a reputation beyond repute

Dan, mine are the same model and I haven't had any problems with them thus far with around 70 days on the water last year. Go to Simms and they'll make it right.

Kelly
Old 01-05-2011, 12:46 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

No issues with mine at all - I have the G4's Vibram.

Simms will take care of them. I've never experienced anything but excellent service from them, including Wading Boots.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

I am on my second pair of Ultra Lights (aqua sole) and they are peeling...again.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:54 PM

gjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the roughgjcordray is a jewel in the rough

I have the same model. I had one of the metal lace holders (technical term, I know) pop off about the fifth time out. I contacted Simms. They told me to go to the fly shop I bought the boots from and have them call. Simms instructed the fly shop to lend me a pair of boots and then sent a UPS prepaid label for shipping the others back. I had my repaired boots in 9 days and used the shop's loaners while I was waiting. They have not had a problem since. I thought they handled the situation perfectly.

No problem with the soles.

Gary
Old 01-06-2011, 02:59 AM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjcordray View Post
I have the same model. I had one of the metal lace holders (technical term, I know) pop off about the fifth time out. I contacted Simms. They told me to go to the fly shop I bought the boots from and have them call. Simms instructed the fly shop to lend me a pair of boots and then sent a UPS prepaid label for shipping the others back. I had my repaired boots in 9 days and used the shop's loaners while I was waiting. They have not had a problem since. I thought they handled the situation perfectly.

No problem with the soles.

Gary

semi similar stry for me also. bought my first set of head waters boots, went fishing on the provo heard my dad hootin and hollerin like he had fallen and hurt himself, i tok off running through all the large jagged boulders and one of the soles started seperating because of the abuse within a week. took them to the shop i got them, they called simms, they provided me with a brand new set and sent the old pair back to simms no questions asked, even when i tried to explain it was my fault that i ruined them. i now use those boots on the toons and the guid boots on the rivers. love them, you get what you pay for and the waranty is awesome.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:56 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

I contacted Simms about the problem and they told me to send them back so their techs could look at them. I got a phone call from Simms yesterday afternoon to tell me a brand new pair were on the way...Thank You Simms, for standing behind your products...

Dan

Last edited by HuronRiverDan; 01-13-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dan: Great news for sure! I have a pair of G4 Vibrams and they are holding up just fine (just an awesome boot).

Larry