The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 06:15 AM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: float tube!?

cant go wrong with one of these:

NFO Outlaw Escape Frameless, Pontoons, Float Tubes & Pontoons, Fly-Fishing, Fishing : Cabelas.com
Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 AM

cochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud ofcochise has much to be proud of

Super Fat Cat!!!!!!

All I can say is after checking em all....this is the one for me.

I love it!!! I have had many many, given many float tube classes and lessons and once you find the features you like go with what you are most comfy with. For me the Super Fat Cat was the shizzle.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:33 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

$209.00 The classic accessories cumberland float tube I am getting mine at cabelas. Comes highly recommended by many fly fisherman I know locally. I have an original U-Boat, it works, and I like being close to the water, however, in a breeze, it is hard to kick when you are against the wind partially because of the rounded nose, partially because your butt is creating drag in the water, and I get cold faster due to sitting mostly in the water. My buddy has a fishcat with the V-hull, much easier to get around in, but I hate the stripping net setup. The cumberland is a combination of the two, sits high out of the water, v-shaped, good stripping apron, good accessories, etc. and only $209 (sign up for the notifications of sales at cabelas.com, and they usually send out a $20.00 coupon, or wait for a sale, but these have not gone on sale yet that I have seen except during the friends and family sale days.

d

From the description on the cabelas site:
Ride high without sacrificing stability. An extra-tall foam seat offers improved visibility and casting range, while the hydrodynamic hull provides maximum stability and nimble tracking. The quick-release stripping apron has a ruler for measuring your catch. Rugged 420-denier nylon top with an 1,100-denier PVC bottom for superior abrasion resistance. Packable with adjustable backpack straps for hiking to your favorite stillwater retreat. Customizable cushioned backrest. Puncture-resistant PVC bladder. Horizontal rod holder. Two cargo pockets with double zippers and eight organizer pockets. Mesh cargo deck. Lash tabs and D-rings for external gear storage. Two drink holders. Boston valve for easy inflation/deflation.
Assembled size: 56"L x 47"W x 17-1/2"H.
Weight: 18 lbs.
Weight capacity: 350 lbs.
Color: Apple Green/Olive
Old 01-16-2011, 11:19 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

SFC or Escape.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:40 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, no pictures to describe the sag, but here is why it the sag happens with the foam seat. There are two foam block inserted into the seat cushion spot. The only way that the two blocks can fit if they are inserted side by side pointing front to back. It is just like sitting between two seat cushions on a sofa.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:03 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

ok thanks, the escape is really cool but not in the range of price im thinkin about. The fish cat deluxe fits me well im only 5'6 140ish. the tube is really apealing but i cant get my eyes of an inflatable pontoon still.

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

have any of you had a chance to try classic accessories kennebec tube? that seems pretty nice too.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
Sorry, no pictures to describe the sag, but here is why it the sag happens with the foam seat. There are two foam block inserted into the seat cushion spot. The only way that the two blocks can fit if they are inserted side by side pointing front to back. It is just like sitting between two seat cushions on a sofa.
I am not sure I am reading you right. There are two cushions like mentioned but one in the front and one in the back/opening, so the spit is across you rear. I had this for many years, now separating. The back rest on the other hand would end up bowing.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:49 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

hows that classic accessories delaware pontoon? is portable n light, but i dont know much about the quality of classic accessories.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:05 PM

rangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to allrangerrich99 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
$209.00 The classic accessories cumberland float tube I am getting mine at cabelas. Comes highly recommended by many fly fisherman I know locally. I have an original U-Boat, it works, and I like being close to the water, however, in a breeze, it is hard to kick when you are against the wind partially because of the rounded nose, partially because your butt is creating drag in the water, and I get cold faster due to sitting mostly in the water. My buddy has a fishcat with the V-hull, much easier to get around in, but I hate the stripping net setup. The cumberland is a combination of the two, sits high out of the water, v-shaped, good stripping apron, good accessories, etc. and only $209 (sign up for the notifications of sales at cabelas.com, and they usually send out a $20.00 coupon, or wait for a sale, but these have not gone on sale yet that I have seen except during the friends and family sale days.

d

You might be able to save a little money on this. I believe this is the same tube at Sam's Club for $149.76: Cumberland Float Tube - Sam's Club
"Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark
Old 01-16-2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianfishn View Post
hows that classic accessories delaware pontoon? is portable n light, but i dont know much about the quality of classic accessories.
On another forum I go to, the Classic Accessories frames broke on three or four different people, plus they said the seat was not comfortable.