The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about
Default float tube!?

Well im lookin to buy myself a new float tube for pond hoppin an slow floatin. ive narrowed it down to the outcast fish cat ics standard or the deluxe version. To get to the point im trying to figure out if the extra cash for the deluxe version is worth the extra cash. if anyone has any first hand experience etc. with these any info would be great! thank for you help.
Old 01-15-2011, 09:46 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise
Default Re: float tube!?

hello and welcome,
i have the fish cat 4 lcs and absolutely love it. as far as the deluxe model, no comment, as i've had no experience with it. outcast makes quality gear and i think you would be happy either way.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-15-2011, 09:55 PM

christianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura aboutchristianfishn has a spectacular aura about

how is it for comfort and etc. from what ive heard your rear stays pretty dry is this correct/
Old 01-15-2011, 09:57 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer the one with the inflatable seat. Since you can vary the amount of air in the bladders, you can fine tune the level of comfort.

Also with the bottom bladder for the seat inflated, you sit higher than the sagging foam seat.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:03 PM

thats what i was thinking but wasn't sure. With the tube do you recommend anything with it? other than waders anf fins?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:17 PM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

The super fat cat is the first tube I ever floated (it belonged to a friend). Like everyone says it sits you up higher. Yes your rear is out of the water. There is room behind the seat for storage. It's one of the larger ones IMO.
I ended up buying a Bucks Bag. I liked it because when sitting close to the water I felt more control moving it.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:29 PM

ide prefer to stay up high, im still considering getting an outcast wave 8 pontoon instead but i really like the portability of the tube. i habe 500$ ide be willing to spend on a whole set up.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have said Sierra Trading Post on a bunch of threads about this. They have good stuff really cheap. Here is a link to one of them, but they have others.
Caddis Navigator II Fly Fishing Float Tube - Fin Combo - Save 33%
Old 01-15-2011, 11:47 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

i wear waders when i use my tube so the "dry" factor never comes into play. as for the seat option, being in an upper position on my tube is outstanding my rear end is soundly protected by some sort of scientifically made wader material that works great. as far as comfort, i find the closed cell foam seat of my fish cat to be very nice.

casey

ARFE
Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 AM

does the seat sag much? and do you have any pics of you fishing in yours?