The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

View Poll Results: So you where sunglasses while you fish?
Sometimes 14 13.08%
Always 88 82.24%
Never 5 4.67%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2010, 11:33 AM

troutbum17 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sunglasses while fishing...

I'm a ray bann guy, they havent failed me yet, and i wear them just about every day whether it be fishing or driving. they are snug on the head so i dont need to wear the lanyard on them unless im on a boat (wind when jumping spot to spot is a sunglasses theif)
Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM

crittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nicecrittergetter is just really nice

I just purchased my first pair of Maui Jim sunglasses Lense=HT (green). I bet it will give me 30 minutes at Dawn and Dusk of being able to wear polarized glasses without taking them off.

They are not cheep but man are they good. If your vision correction isn't above a 3.0 you can even get them to wrap your face without distortion.

I was a Smith (Amber) fan but now I will have them as a backup. MJ's price are $150 to $300 (without script) $300 to $450 with script

Good news was my company has a vision plan and I was able to get $180 paid by my company.

CritterGetter
Old 09-07-2010, 06:19 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

I always wear sunglasses. I use the brown lenses not "smoke" because they brighten up cloudy days and kill the sun on sunny days.

Maui Jim polarized lenses.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:38 PM

imxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of lightimxer is a glorious beacon of light

Bear

I agree about the Cacoons. To me complete eye coverage is a must, the polarization and vision qualities are excellent and they are offered in several styles and sizes for a good fit.

Imxer
Old 09-08-2010, 08:52 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Always wear sunglasses while fishing. Maui Jim Sports with Bronze lens. Love em