The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 11:55 AM

FISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to beholdFISHN50 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Which Waders: $200 budget

Try these from LL Bean. I have a pair & I like them.
Rapid River Waders, Stocking-Foot Men's: Breathable at L.L.Bean
They have some other less expensive ones so ck them out also. They have an excellent warranty if you have any problems.
I know what your experiencing with your daughter's impact on your budget but Parenting is great. My son used to play football & after practice sometimes a couple of his team mates would come over the house, especially after the wife went food shopping. I'd hear the fridge open, some clanking & rustling noises & when I'd go to get a snack later the fridge would be cleaned out & I'd have to send the wife out again... Heh Heh....... ( The other kids fathers said the same thing)
The girls weren't bad in the food department but clothes made up for it.
My daughter is 28 now & my son 29 & the 3 of us still take fishing trips together. Don't forget that as they get older they eat more & the clothes get more expensive too....
Just remember to give at least 1 hug a day

Happy Parenting & Tight lines.
Neil
Old 06-03-2009, 02:55 PM

kruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the roughkruggy1 is a jewel in the rough

I agree with FISHN50 all the way on the LL bean rapid river waders, those are the one I would get,Plus you cant beat LL beans wader warrenty.

I have a 14 month girl and she eats everything she can.....LOL, Thank goodness for walmart and hot dogs.....LOL
Old 06-03-2009, 05:42 PM

arfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud ofarfishinbear has much to be proud of

I love this forum, talk about kids eating us outa house and home and waders at the same time lol
My boy will drink a 1/2 gallon milk a day , drink 3-5 pots of coffee a day and eat a box of SALTINS????????? lol a week.
Bear
Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 PM

flyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of lightflyguy66 is a glorious beacon of light

orvis clearwater endura bootfoot waders @ $189-199 would b a solid choice.

so would l.l. bean waders and boots.

and cabela's dry plus waders are solid offerings in their price ranges, but the orvis clearwaters and the bean waders are more bang for the buck under $200 when you look at the specs (layers, etc.).
UPSTREAM, publisher
Fly Fishing News, columnist