The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Tackle Talk > Other Gear

Other Gear All other fly fishing gear including tools, gadgets, clothing, float tubes, pontoons and other boats.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2006, 10:27 AM

Bill Ensor is on a distinguished road
Default No neoprene

Hi folks,
I'm new here and am hoping for some advice. Seems I'm alergic to neoprene and am looking for breatheable, chest, boot foots that don't have neoprene in the foot. Any suggestions: weightfwd@hotmail.com
Thanks and best fishes,
Bill
Old 03-26-2006, 12:24 PM
Chris Hewett will become famous soon enoughChris Hewett will become famous soon enough
Default Re: No neoprene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ensor
Hi folks,I'm new here and am hoping for some advice. Seems I'm alergic to neoprene and am looking for breatheable, chest, boot foots that don't have neoprene in the foot. Any suggestions: weightfwd@hotmail.comThanks and best fishes,Bill
My wife is allergic to neoprene. Her solution, for things like wetsuits etc, is to wear something between her skin and the neoprene. If you only have tried neoprene barefoot, try a thin pair of socks between your feet and the rubber.
Old 03-26-2006, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones

Salmo may have the best and only solution. I'll do some searching... but I don't think anyone make breathable stockingfoot waders without neoprene booties. Your other option would be to get some bootfoot breathable waders. All of these have no, or very little, neoprene.

Oh yea... WELCOME to the forum!!!

Old 03-26-2006, 11:34 PM

JBinUTAH will become famous soon enoughJBinUTAH will become famous soon enough

Not sure where you are located but Cabela's has a boot foot breathable wader that is really a good wader. Might look into that. But something over your foot between you and the neoprene makes sense.
Old 04-19-2006, 08:48 PM

smokey is on a distinguished road

Got the same problem my friend. LL Bean Sells stocking foot pants and chest waders (Chest Suspenders are Neo. though). There are a Gore breathable with built in gaiters. Love 'em I got the pants so I didn't have to mess with converting the suspenders.

Got the same problem my friend. LL Bean Sells stocking foot pants and chest waders (Chest Suspenders are Neo. though). There are a Gore breathable with built in gaiters. Love 'em I got the pants so I didn't have to mess with converting the suspenders.

Old 04-19-2006, 08:49 PM