The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Other (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other/)
-   -   Africa (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/other/13117-africa.html)

mbenga 03-23-2010 06:27 AM

Africa

Hi all, Dirk here from South Africa.

I see on the site you dont talk about fishing in Africa?? I know it is the North American Fly Fishing Forum but surely some of you would like to travel to Africa to wet a line or 2 if you have not already. In Africa we have many large rivers that hold species like tiger fish, bream, african pike, catfish, perch etc...

The largest preditor being the Goliath Tiger Fish found in the Congo Basin... I know the Congo has not been safe in the past but things are getting much better and the fishing is pretty good from a river that size!! The lower Congo just recently being given the title of the deepest river in the world with an average of 500feet being recorded in the lower reaches of this mighty river. The Goliath has been recorded at weights of 50kg with the standing record beiong 65kg. Now fishing for this monster on fly is another story with only 1 recorded in 2008 at a weight of 16lbs.

Would be nice to see some members heading our way in the future to target Africa's fresh and salt water species. :thumbsupu

Frank Whiton 03-23-2010 03:14 PM

Re: Africa

Hi mbenga,

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you can share some photos with us.

Frank

mbenga 03-25-2010 07:24 AM

have treid but cant seem to down load from my computor??

mcnerney 03-25-2010 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mbenga (Post 86642)
have treid but cant seem to down load from my computor??

mbenga: The forum no longer allows photos to be directly uploaded from you computer to an active thread (due to virus threats). You need to create a photo album and upload the files there. Once you have that done open one of the photos and down toward the bottom will the the URL, click on that to highlight and do a CNTL-C to copy to your clipboard. Then open up a thread and use the icon at the top of the thread that is yellow with what looks like a mountain in it, it you rest your cursor over it it says "insert image. If you click on that icon a window opens and you can do a CNTL-V to paste the photo URL in that box. Then do a "Preview Post" to see if the photo is indeed in your post before you do a "Submit". Note that the image you upload to the site must be reduced to no larger than 100kb.
We would love to see some of your photos from Africa!

Larry

Frank Whiton 03-25-2010 04:31 PM

Hi mbenga,

Here is a link to a FAQ that tells you how to upload and post photos.

Frank

mbenga 03-31-2010 03:59 AM

Hi Frank,

I have tried to upload my pictures but they are all to large.
Maybe best to see my website for pictures of all 5 species of tiger fish found in africa. Mbenga Safaris - Tiger Fishing Africa

Dirk