The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Fly Fishing in the Caribbean > Other

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 12:01 PM

mack_s is on a distinguished road
Default Fishing in Chile

Howdy all-

I'm interested in fishing the Patagonia region of Chile for trout at the end of this year or next year. I've done a quick 'Google' search and found a variety of lodges/guides and packages. All of which sound great. As this will be my first fly fishing adventure at a lodge, I want to make sure it will be memorable (in a good way). So before I contact any lodges/guides with my list of questions, I figured I'd ask the forum members for any tips, advice, and or guidance you can provide.

Thanks!!
Old 02-27-2012, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing in Chile

You should pm Allan(Pocono) he's already gone there and is planning another trip in the spring.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:45 PM

dhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to beholddhayden is a splendid one to behold

We went to the Coihaique region few years ago. It was an interesting country..

We won't go back, for a wide variety of reasons. Looking at Argentina for the next South America trip instead. I'm sure it's a **** shoot either way.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:19 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

You might also look at a booking agency like Yellow Dog Fly Fishing Adventures. They don't charge you anymore than directly dealing with the lodges, but they have the experience you need and can recommend lodges for you, take a look at their site.
Fly Fishing Trips and Vacations | Fishing Vacations | Alaska Fly Fishing Lodge | Fly Fishing Trips | Alaska Fishing | Alaska Fly In Fishing | Fly Fishing Belize | Fly Fishing in the Bahamas

Mack: Also use the search function and do a search on Chile, we have a couple members from Argentina that have fished Chile that might be able to provide some information.

Larry
Old 02-28-2012, 09:14 AM

mack_s is on a distinguished road

Thanks to everyone for the help!! I appreciate it very much!!